Bluebirds

Back Up Or Pull Forward - To "Lock" Tow Bar Pulling Toad-- JEEP GC

Wouldn't that still be backing up the towed? Horsepower or human power, you still want to back the towed until the tow bar locks.

If you use horsepower to back the toad you could over do it adding stress to the tow bar and break something. :blink:

With my Roadmaster Sterling, I just hook-up, then pull the MH forward slowly. Both sides of the tow bar lock in place, and we're off. The Roadmaster instructions indicate this the appropriate method to use. It just seems to me that all the other backing up, etc. is a case of over kill.

With my Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain, I simply pull forward slowly and turn gently left then right and all is well. Sometimes, I will push the toad away, but usually I don't bother with it.

I feel I have better control over the speed at which my tow bar locks if I am sitting in the tow vehicle. Just inch it back, feel the lock and stop. If I am in the drivers seat of the MH I can't see it, I don't have the same feel and the speed is difficult to judge.

That is me, however. What works for you is the one and only exactly correct way to do it.