geosharonw

FMCA/Michelin National Account Tire Purchase

I purchased two new Michelin tires (XRV 255/80R22.5) using the FMCA National Account. The process is very easy to set up. I had the tires installed at Shrader Tire and Oil in Lima Ohio. The installation took less than one hour. These guys were waiting on me to arrive and wasted no time in getting the job done. I would recommend the program and Shrader without hesitation. Ben Paysen is the Fleet Manager at Shrader and was great to work with.

I also just had 6 new Michelin 255/60R-22.5 XRV tires installed at Tweedy Tire in Jamestown, CA, under the FMCA/Michelin program. The service was excellent. The only difficulty was not knowing when the charge would go through the debit card so I could remove the maximum allowable charge. The bank was very cooperative and arranged to lift the maximum when the tire company put the bill through the computer and as soon as the charge was completed put the protection back on the card.

The changes went through my debit card right away. I got my rear 4 tires last fall and at the next fuel stop the card was over the daily limit. I had to use a different debit card because I already pumped the fuel for about $300. :huh:

I will never understand why someone uses a debit card when they have a credit card in their wallet. :ph34r:

Sorry to get off-topic. Glad to hear the FMCA tire program works as advertised!

I will never understand why someone uses a debit card when they have a credit card in their wallet. :ph34r:

Sorry to get off-topic. Glad to hear the FMCA tire program works as advertised!

There is no interest to pay on debit cards of course you have to have the cash. My wife uses her miles VISA card plenty but then again I have to make sure to pay it off every month. There can always be that one time it gets misplaced or forgotten.

There is no interest to pay on debit cards of course you have to have the cash. My wife uses her miles VISA card plenty but then again I have to make sure to pay it off every month. There can always be that one time it gets misplaced or forgotten.

There are no interest charges on credit cards that are paid off every month.

Some debit cards may be used as a credit card and have some sort of points, credits and discounts. But like a debit card it is immediately taken from your account. Of course many credit cards do the same thing and you don't have to pay it till after the S/S check is in the bank. :rolleyes:

Herman

I know many credit cards have points and cash back and my wife is on that bandwagon and I even have one. I also know the rules about paying off and no interest. Sorry I'm old school and if you don't have the money don't buy it and like to pay just once and be done with it. When my wife credit card bill comes in I feel like I'm paying for her purchase the second time. I don't even know what most of those purchases are. :lol:

This is way off topic from the fantastic FMCA program for Michelin Tires which I used shortly after it was announced and saved $100/tire. Paid for my FMCA membership for many years to come!

As a retired financial Planner I have always advised against Debit Cards as a benefit to the banks, a serious risk to cardholders with no real benefit to to cardholders. I have all my credit cards setup to autodraft from my checking account so I should never have an interest charge or late fee. when I do I politely call the card company and suggest they refund the charges as it was their fault not mine! Hasn't failed yet. Of course this presumes that I have the funds available when the charges come through. I use Quicken to keep track so I can see my cashflow on a daily basis.

I just used the program (and I have only been a member for a few weeks!) to replace 1 275/70 22.5 XZA2 Energy. While the savings was only about $30-$35 (I guess my local dealer pricing is Quite good) it was and will be much appreciated when I replace the other 5 tires 6 months from now.

Dave