jimaloney

Tow Vehicle Hit While Traveling!

Once this year and once last my tow has be hit by cars trying to squeeze in behind MH and my tow.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Nope, can't imagine any driver being that blind. There is only 4-5 feet between TOAD and back of MH. Now I can see an idiot maybe clipping the TOAD trying to squeeze between TOAD and vehicle immediately following you, especially if trying to pass, running out of time and trying to get back into the lane.

No, but have had one instance in busy "city" driving while towing, that an oncoming car looked like it was going to pull quickly behind our motorhome, until it saw the dinghy! Made us very aware that the toad needs to be as visible as possible. That leads to another question about parking lights which I'll post on another thread.

Pink Arnold

Jim,

Welcome to the Forum.

Did this happen on cars trying to enter a freeway? I can see this happening there and sorry there is nothing you can do with stupidity.

Herman

I agree. Another good reason the gene pool could use an occasional cleaning. :D

For those coming up from behind that might be paying attention, and are just spatially challanged I have a small placard that says "CAR IN TOW" in the back window of the toad. I also write in 16 inch letters "TOW" with window paint on the toad back window.

Then there is the 14 foot canary yellow canoe on top of the toad which I hope gets the attention of those trying to merge from the on ramps.