mypopslou

RV Roof Armour Product for New Roof

I have a 2006 Tuscany motorhome by Damon and while at the Hershey Show I stopped by a booth Called RV Roof Armour. Their product is installed over existing roof by first removing any caulk or sealant. Your roof is then cleaned and prepared for the replacement roof which is a liquid rubber which adheres to the existing roof. They claim it will be the last roof you will ever need and because it is a applied as a liquid it will do a better job sealing the roof. It is guaranteed for the life of your coach,

Currently my roof is secure and I do not have any leaks that I am aware of. I am considering this product because I realize it is not if but when will I have a roof leak and want to be proactive to avoid the headaches and damage that a roof leak will cause.

Has anybody heard of this product or used this product. I would really like to hear any opinions or recommendations. The company is located in Bradenton Florida but will travel to PA where I am to install new roof. I believe the cost is considerably less than replacing existing roof with same product.

Any help would be appreciated

Mypopslou in Pa

Good Morning,

I am Lee Thaxton, President of RV Armor, Inc..

Thank you for the post. I would be happy to send you a number of referrals if you would like. We are proud to bring this revolutionary RV Roof product line to market. We are members here at FMCA and will be attending most of the area rallies and the family reunions around the country, so maybe we can meet in person someday.

I want to make sure all your questions get answered so feel free to email me lee@rv-armor.com or call directly on my cell: 941-993-7712

Have a great Thanksgiving and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Regards,

Lee Thaxton

President

RV Armor, Inc.

$4,000 to put a rhino type coating on the RV roof is a out and out rip-off, especially if you have the correct new style fiberglass roof that most all decent Class A motorhome have nowadays. If your roof has been kept sealed correctly and kept up there is no reason in this world to coat it with this stuff.

I appreciate your input. However, we do NOT have a Rhino type coating. We custom manufacture an in place sythetic rubber roof sytem that never needs to be re-sealed again, nor is there any exposed caulking or sealants. We have worked hard to create a roofing product that works on Fiberglass, Metal, or Rubber roofs. I would appreciate it if you would make sure you have all the required information before making any false assumptions about our company or product line. Our system has an 830% elongation, a 2130 psi tensile strength, and a 20 plus year track record in the harshest environments. We created RV Roof Armor to help keep people off of their roofs permanently.

I have a 2014 motorhome with a fiberglass roof, and still put our system on it to keep it maintenance free for life.

There is a reason we back up our roofing system with a Lifetime Material and Labor warranty. It's non prorated and goes with the VIN # of your coach. In other words, as long as the RV is on the road, the roof is covered no matter who owns it. I am not saying that there aren't other options, I am just saying that we stand behind our system and believe we can help those in need.

Thanks again for your input and thoughts.

Regards,

Lee Thaxton

President

RV Armor, Inc.

Lee, thanks for stepping up on this forum, I will reach out to you with my questions and concerns.

Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Lee,

The original writer mentioned that your company would come to PA to install the replacement roof. My question is are there dealers that would install the roof in the buyer's local area, or is a big part of the price travel expenses for your personnel? I live in the Tucson, AZ area and you know what sun does to motorhomes. You can see our unit description below.

Hi Jack,

We are working on adding dealers out in the western part of the US. We do however have several installers that work and travel for us across the country in areas where we don't currently have dealers. I am presently out in Indio,CA at the FMCA Western Rally and will be heading to Quartzsite Arizona next.

We will be in Arizona working as a company through at least March and would be happy to come to visit you in the Tuscon Area. I have to go to Lazydays in Tuscon anyway for some warranty work on my Motorhome.

I can be reached at 941-993-7712 Cell or also by email at lee@rv-armor.com

Let me know if you have any more questions, I would love to help.

Talk to you soon,

Lee Thaxton

RV Armor, Inc.

Lee,

What type of "Prep Work" is required, i.e., removing vents, antennas, etc.? Can your coating be "tinted" to color match the coach? And any Dealer Contacts in the Pacific Northwest (Eric's RV in Sequim -- hint hint!!!!)?

Don't hold me to this. I was told that some people are having their roofs sprayed with a material such as Rhino Liner. If so that should seal just about anything and then some. I would sure hate to have to make a repair on it.

Herman

Lee,

What type of "Prep Work" is required, i.e., removing vents, antennas, etc.? Can your coating be "tinted" to color match the coach? And any Dealer Contacts in the Pacific Northwest (Eric's RV in Sequim -- hint hint!!!!)?

Hi John,

We do all the prep work for you, so there is no need for you to do any work. We can indeed color match your coach or at least get very close. We can match any Sherwin Williams color. All you need to do is supply us with the color code you would like, and allow for additional time to make the custom color. I hope this answers your questions, and let me know if you have any more.

Regards,

Lee Thaxton

President

RV Armor, Inc.

I just completed the rehab of my roof on a 2001 Safari Zanzibar. It looks marvelous, bright and shiny using the Dicor system. It took 7 hours of scrubbing with the cleaner at 57 bucks a gallon, I used one and a half gallons and 6 Scotch Brite pads to skuff it up for a mechanical bond as suggested.

After the first cleaning the fiberglass looked incredible but not very reflective. I bought a 100 foot roll of 4 mil plastic at Home Depot and masked the lower walls for protection and rolled the $87 a gallon coating away. It took a bit less than 2 gallons, looks like new and has stuck like Gorilla glue.

While at it I resealed all the skylights and the vents and painted them too...

Now a happy Camper and hard costs were under $400 and 2 two buckets of elbow grease. B

Hello I would be interested in the roof Armour Systems , I have watched the Video and its very impressive .

Do you have a local dealer in southwest Missouri or are you looking for one-- please advise. My RV trailer is 27 feet long so I take it would be about 2700. dollars for a new roof. thanks John

Hi John,

We definitely have folks there in Missouri that can take care of you. Unfortunately you have old information from a couple of years ago. Any RV roof that is 30' and under meets our minimum which is $3,600.00. If you call our office at 855-782-7667 we will do our very best to answer all of your questions and earn your business. You can also follow us on facebook. We post a featured job every week from different parts of the country. Have a good rest of your week. Thanks again for the inquiry. Lee

Hi Leethaxton,

I am a new first time RV owner. I purchased a mint 2003 Alfa SeeYa 40 footer and was having a 600 watt solar system (2 Panels) installed. I was looking into your roof system and thought if I jump in, should I do your system install before the solar install?? The mounting brackets screwed to the roof and a super adhesive applied between existing roof and the brackets. Any advice would be appreciated... In addition, do you offer any discounts to Retired Military and do you have any installers here in the San Diego North County area?? For temperature control, is the bright white the best color to use and does it hold up better over time...?? My Cell # 760-535-5335

V/R  

Kent M. Whitney

Master Chief US Navy EOD/CB SCW Retired

I spent 39 years as a flat roofer installed all types of roofs on all types of structures including mobile homes, I would like to know how you seal around roof penetrations, vents, antennas, skylights and such?

Welcome to the forum Kent and hoggem. The most  common product used is Dicor lap sealant. There are several varieties for different types of roof such as rubber or fiberglass. There are also two different consistency Dicor products. The self leveling and the non self leveling. You don't want to use the self leveling where it can sag such as where the seam runs over the edge of the roof. Some people just clean the existing caulk and seal over it. This works but soon you get a big ugly mess and it may still leak. I tend to clean off the old sealant and re apply. 

Kent, I would try that number as that thread is over a year old and I haven't seen him back.

Bill