Sign in to follow this  
DOUGSISSY

2010 Tiffin Zephyr

I am sure its a very nice unit because the Allegro bus is and there one below the Zepher.I am sure it will have one or two issues as all Tiffin diesels seem to have them .One thing is that Tiffin will either repair for free or pay someone to fix your issues assuming there related to the manufacturing of the unit

Good example is my windshield popped at the upper front corners and the windshield had to be removed and new seal installed. It was 5 years old and they paid the bill $616.00. One issue is go up and look at the roof side rails as they crack.They will fix this for free either at the factory or at a designated repair center. Also I have found the replacement parts are priced very reasonable through them unlike Newmar and others.

As with all coaches, there seem to be a number of problems, but all seem to be easily overcome. The Zepher is at a similar price point to the Newmar Mountain Aire. I was contemplating an Allegro Bus before I found my used coach. Depending on the price I would have considered a Zepher at or near the top of my list.

Zepher is a high end coach from a maker that is one of the biggest makers of motorhomes. I have watched this and other forums for years. Tiffin had a spike of issues back a couple of years ago, but that has died down. 2010 might be one of the first motors with the new smog control features. So you may have to add urea. If it were me doing the looking I would get the RVCG to send me their evaluation of this make, model, year, coach. I suppose if I were looking to change coaches this might be a model I would consider, but I am quite happy with what I have.

You have a VERY nice CC. I am also very happy with my CC. The Zepher is definitely not at the same level as these 2 CCs, but then again it is high end for Tiffin, and the first year depreciation is over. It would depend on the price.

All those I know owning a Tiffin product (including the Zephyr) have a lot of problems.

Windows become foggy after a year or two. It seems that the quality of their Windows is low end. Although Tiffin accepts generally to replace them at their cost there is still a great inconvenience for the owners.

Water tanks rest on a plywood floor that has to be replaced (obviously water an wood are not good friend for long).

Plus a lot of other problems. A friend of mine did not succeed to make a single trip with his Zephyr without being stuck on the road for a few days.

He sold it.