cinhrvs

Opinion On Forest River Georgetown

I am considering purchasing the Georgetown 378 and would like to know if anyone has a Georgetown? I would like your opinion on the unit and any experiences with Forest River.

One of my RV friends has a 2006 378 and really likes it. It has not been a problem at all.

I have looked at it and its not high end in any manor but its a good entry level unit as I see it.

He is very happy with it and has put about 20K on it in 3 years. except poor fuel mileage as big gassers generaly

get about 6.5 maybe 7 average

We traded up to a 2012 Georgetown 378 in 2012 from a travel trailer and the only problems we had was with the suspension that allowed th MH to wander after a gust of wind or a passing truck. We bought it because of the floor plan as we also traveled with pets (two Greyhounds).

The wander problem that we had I was told to live with it because it was that type of suspension. At a rally we met a Tiffin dealer and upgraded to 2014 Tiffin Phaeton which solved my problem at a much greater price but was a true upgrade in every area. The Georgetown never let us down and was comfortable with reasonable gas mileage for a 37 foot coach (about 9 mpg) towing a Honda Accord on a dolly.

Bob Pillion

abpilli@lusfiber.net

Thank you both for your knowledge. I have a 2010 Damon but really like to the floor plan of the Georgetown. I did not know about the product and am grateful for the information. Trying to decide on the 378 or the Winnebago Sightseer 35g. I have not experienced the degree of wandering you speak of with my Damon. Gas mileage is the same. I know these units are entry level but for my purposes of just summer trips, I am not willing to spend the extra money.