Sign in to follow this  
AptosMark

2000 Holiday Rambler 38CDS

I'm considering the purchase of a 2000 38' Holiday Rambler Diesel Pusher with 75K miles to live in for a while after losing our home in a fire. Pretty much a "landing Pad" for us right now until I can sort out the future moves which may very well include relocating and traveling in the coach.

Anyway, I'm looking for feedback and/or assessment of the '00 HR 38CDS.

I'll appreciate all comments here as the only experience I have had with RVs was limited to a 22' Fleetwood Flair Class A that we owned for about 8 years.

Thanks.

AptosMark, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Well, Having owned one for about 8 years you are ahead of many members considering there first purchase.

I would have a per purchase inspection done by an independent appraiser first and find out any information regarding the maintenance.

The Diesel Pusher will have Air Brakes and Air Ride. They are the biggest difference between a gas and diesel coach.

With just 75,000 miles the engine is just getting broken in, if the proper maintenance has been done on the engine, transmission and drive train. The other items on top of the list is the Air Compressor, Air drier, air tanks, and the air brake maintenance.

A 2000 model year does not have all the EPA extras that started in 2007 and again in 2010, that kind of keeps things simpler to maintain regarding the chassis. There are some nice features that have been added, but there is always an added cost to maintain some of them.

Check with your state of residence regarding any special drivers license or class up grade.

Other members will chime in I'm sure !

Rich.