huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

58 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe I will post the pictures here when I take some and will start a new topic  with the pictures to.

Herman

Cant wait to see them!

If I knew how to post a picture on Forum or PM ...?  Without having to get on phone, I would be happy, happy!

Carl it is a bit of a process but here is how I do it.

1) I take the picture or pictures with my phone.

2) I send them to me by email.

3) I save the picture, and try to remember where I put them.

4) Then I can attach then to my message or post.

May no be the best but works for me.

Herman

Phone! You use a phone to post pictures!  I only use this thread on my 27" MAC computer and it is so easy to post pictures or links.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:10 AM, hermanmullins said:

Joe I will post the pictures here when I take some and will start a new topic  with the pictures to.

Herman

Great, because DW put a lock on my wallet until Quartzite.  I will order them then.   

Got some updating going before Quartzite the first is to organize soda cans 

These racks organize 48 cans all together.  DW like it so much that she wants some for water bottles.  Sorry these are for cans not tall bottles.  

1432068746_updatcans.thumb.jpg.ff34c9286721b2e417eabc79b14e702c.jpg

The microwave/convection oven  started tilting down at the front and had to be relevel if it was ever level.  It was down in the front 2% and 1/2 brought it back to level.   

1978768990_updatemw.thumb.jpg.e246c65e2156cebd0e40467beb898548.jpg

I installed brackets where there was none.  HR thought shooting a couple of screws underneath was good for down the road.  

1297110620_updatebracket.thumb.jpg.5bcadf13a310281bae0c477b98ef4c2c.jpg

Now the filler panel that goes over top of the MW needs to be cut down from 7 to 6 1/2 inch.  I was going to use that space for spice rack but the cats jumped into that space twice.  We had to stuff a couple of couch pillows into that space to keep them out.  You can't turn your backs on them for a second.  

1773933708_updatepanel.thumb.jpg.4b52c1634994592d207cb6d2972356fa.jpg

19 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

You sound bored :lol:

Looks good!

When HR hung the MW it appears that the filler was made to one size.  They are going to make it fit no matter what.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

You sound bored :lol:

Looks good!

6 hours ago, huffypuff said:

These racks organize 48 cans all together.  DW like it so much that she wants some for water bottles.  Sorry these are for cans not tall bottles.  

1432068746_updatcans.thumb.jpg.ff34c9286721b2e417eabc79b14e702c.jpg

The microwave/convection oven  started tilting down at the front and had to be relevel if it was ever level.  It was down in the front 2% and 1/2 brought it back to level.   

1978768990_updatemw.thumb.jpg.e246c65e2156cebd0e40467beb898548.jpg

I installed brackets where there was none.  HR thought shooting a couple of screws underneath was good for down the road.  

1297110620_updatebracket.thumb.jpg.5bcadf13a310281bae0c477b98ef4c2c.jpg

Now the filler panel that goes over top of the MW needs to be cut down from 7 to 6 1/2 inch.  I was going to use that space for spice rack but the cats jumped into that space twice.  We had to stuff a couple of couch pillows into that space to keep them out.  You can't turn your backs on them for a second.  

1773933708_updatepanel.thumb.jpg.4b52c1634994592d207cb6d2972356fa.jpg

The spacer on ours is only about 2".

Jim

6 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Why not convert that cover to a door? Would give you a place for storage and keep the cats out.

Bill

That area is where the cord for the MW goes through the right side cabinet wall.  Have to keep DW safe.   Once panel is back in place I can screw up to a 30 inch long spice rack to it.  Then I will have cats doing hang ten.  😂🤣

Ok we survived a wind storm last night that's very common for this area.  We are leaving here for Quartzite Sunday morning.  Hopefully we can order and get the shades then.  For $50 per window x 10  we are going to install them  ourselves.  We don't like the black screen so we are going with single rollers that is a cream color that matches the interior.  I can see how to get the old ones off without pulling the valance but may have to pull the valance for the new ones.  We will be in quartzite until the 24th.  Afterwards DW wants come back here to Sam's Family Spas until the 10th of next month.  Then she wants to go to Vegas, NV for about a week and then to Death Valley for our last stop.  

Death Valley in the winter is milder than you expect.... summer is when you can expect 110+ days and 30 or less nights!

Cat's hang 10, now that is a vision! 😂

Looks like I won't be getting the shades after all.  While in Quartzite, AZ we put a bid on an Entegra Anthem 44B.. We won't know for sure for a few weeks but for now it is sold to us.  

1 hour ago, huffypuff said:

Looks like I won't be getting the shades after all.  While in Quartzite, AZ we put a bid on an Entegra Anthem 44B.. We won't know for sure for a few weeks but for now it is sold to us.  

Congratulations!!! What year? What happened to the "DW put a lock on my wallet until Quartzite."  O right this is the Q :P

Bill

3 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Congratulations!!! What year? What happened to the "DW put a lock on my wallet until Quartzite."  O right this is the Q :P

Bill

I think you got DW intention.  It is a 2019 leftover and marked way down.  Never own and  only show miles on it.  It fully loaded as I can tell.  

It was bound to happen, it does for all of us! 😂😂:P I also have been looking at Entegra Cornerstone, we won't know until we get to Tucson! LOLOL

1 hour ago, huffypuff said:

It is a 2019 leftover and marked way down.  Never own and  only show miles on it.  It fully loaded as I can tell.  

Sounds good. I can't afford them fancey new coaches like you and Carl.

Bill 

Here's a side shot of it. I have a frontal shot but it shows the price. We sign a contract for it but it's for the banks to decide.  More pictures when we get it in a separate thread  IMG_20200120_155815161_HDR.thumb.jpg.7196e26b50a1f55af275751ad97bcf9e.jpg

16 hours ago, manholt said:

Hope it fits at home base! Looks good.  Now you get Particulate filter & DEF...Did you take it for a drive?

It's a Spartan K2 chassis with a Cummins L9 450 engine and 3000 mh transmission at 49,000 lbs.  It holds 15 gallons of DEF fill from both sides.  I could use advice where to get.  At the pump or over the counter.  The width is the same and is 44 feet as compare to 41 feet so no problem fitting at home but maybe campgrounds be not as friendly.  

I have not been turned away for length yet.  If you DEF fill is in front, get it in truck lane at pump, much easier as I found out in my Allegro Bus!  Back in 2011, about the only way we could get DEF was in the 2 1/2 gallon box..it's a heavy, back breaker...now I see it at pump, everywhere!

100 or 150 fuel tank?