huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

3 hours ago, huffypuff said:

At the pump or over the counter.

Box store, Walmart, NAPA etc. Some place that turns it fast and stored in a sealed container. I have heard many horror stories purchasing bulk DEF at the truck lanes. You might want to add these to your tool collection;

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Tool-W16500-Professional-Tester/dp/B01DVAL4I2/ref=sr_1_5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjKzHs4-n5wIVFXiGCh3bEAi3EAAYASAAEgLPDPD_BwE&hvadid=274072479561&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9007366&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13310853782751750841&hvtargid=kwd-318993979639&hydadcr=24660_10400764&keywords=def+test+strips&qid=1580242899&sr=8-5

https://www.acustrip.com/cgi-bin/proddesc.cgi?s=480508

DEF Storage, general information;

https://www.peakhd.com/lifeblood/fluid-thinking/a-guide-to-def-storage-contamination/

3 hours ago, manholt said:

I have not been turned away for length yet.  If you DEF fill is in front, get it in truck lane at pump, much easier as I found out in my Allegro Bus!  Back in 2011, about the only way we could get DEF was in the 2 1/2 gallon box..it's a heavy, back breaker...now I see it at pump, everywhere!

100 or 150 fuel tank?

The fills for the DEF is behind the rear wheels on both sides.  The fuel tank is 150 gallons somewhere behind the front wheels.  .  

Ugh! My DEF fill is at the back of the MH. I use 1 gallon cans of DEF bought at Walmart or any auto store. The 1 gallon size is so much easier to handle.  I keep an empty 1 gallon size in the bay and if I have to use the 2-1/2 gallon size there is a lot left over because the coiled spout is not long enough to give the proper height for draining.  I'll empty the big one into the 1 gallon and use it all up.

I had a transfer pump..got it at NAPA one tube went into DEF tank, other into 2.5 gal box..squeeze the bulb & let it flow...mine was 13 gal and could never get more than 9 in it. carrted 2 boxes in bay...one gal must be a new thing!  

The one gallon container is just so much easier to manhandle. I watch the  bars on the dash and if two bars go away I know I have plenty left but I'll purchase a couple gallons at the nearest store and dump them in. 

Wayne, do you have the DEF in a bay or cab you open a small door on side of coach?  With mine I had to open a bay door, then unscrew cap on DEF tank, not a easy fill.

The new coach DEF tank location is in the right rear compartment access.  Because of side radiator a fill on the left rear is under a locked fill door.  I been checking Flying J website and they guarantee the quality of their pump DEF.  I like to know anyone using them.  

Puff,

Congratulations on the new coach. My coach doesn't require DEF but I have seen lots of comments here on the Forum about Bulk DEF at stations. Most are not good and all recommend buying it in 2.5 gallon containers. I also understand it does have a shelf life, sorry I don't know how long.

Again Congratulations.

Herman    

I punch a hole in the top rear of the handle of the 2 1/2 gallon container so it flows much smoother and faster.  Also, the bottom of the 2 1/2 container, when you cut the top part off, makes a nice small storage container.

Ray, now that you have a bank, when & where do you take delivery?

I have several friends & will ask if they use bulk at Flying J.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray, now that you have a bank, when & where do you take delivery?

I have several friends & will ask if they use bulk at Flying J.

Looks like it's all approved and waiting for underwriters to make the wheels turn.  Location now in Laughlin, NV and going into the area next week.   Here is the link to it.  Looks like the video has been taken down but the is a pictures tab above it.  

https://www.rvcountry.com/product/new-2019-entegra-coach-anthem-44b-808741-10   

Looks and read's good, think you'll both like it..😀 Your overall length is 47' +/-...Chassis plus both end caps!  Enjoy!!

That looks great. I like the paint scheme. Do a good shake down before you leave the  lot. You have lots more leverage now. Will you be able to spend at least one night in it before you leave? 

Bill

9 hours ago, manholt said:

Looks and read's good, think you'll both like it..😀 Your overall length is 47' +/-...Chassis plus both end caps!  Enjoy!!

I;m not sure at overall length but listed as 44, then 45 feet.  Who's on first?

6 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

That looks great. I like the paint scheme. Do a good shake down before you leave the  lot. You have lots more leverage now. Will you be able to spend at least one night in it before you leave? 

Bill

The outside paint scheme is called Jazz and the inside is champagne.  I don't like bright colors.    

Ray, the chassis is 44' 11"...So everyone calls it 45, mine is the same as your's...The Canada Ferry measured mine from the most forward point, by laser, to the rear at 47' 3" and that is not counting the hitch & toad.  Total length was 64' 7", came out the same on both Ferries!  Then they added on 18" front & back, yes, you pay for 3' off dead space!!

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray, the chassis is 44' 11"...So everyone calls it 45, mine is the same as your's...The Canada Ferry measured mine from the most forward point, by laser, to the rear at 47' 3" and that is not counting the hitch & toad.  Total length was 64' 7", came out the same on both Ferries!  Then they added on 18" front & back, yes, you pay for 3' off dead space!!

After you drive that chassis for a good while, how to you like the handling?  What I have at present is a little loose but not of and concern.  I don't have a tag on the HR.  

Ray,

I would not ride in a none tag chassis, unless it was a Roadmaster.  IMO our ride is very similar. Your new coach should ride better than mine!  When  you get to a drive way, like fuel stops, take it as much head on as possible, there is more twist in a 45' than a 40'.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:40 AM, manholt said:

Ray,

I would not ride in a none tag chassis, unless it was a Roadmaster.  IMO our ride is very similar. Your new coach should ride better than mine!  When  you get to a drive way, like fuel stops, take it as much head on as possible, there is more twist in a 45' than a 40'.

Yes, I now have the 8 baggier roadmaster chassis and it don't ride too bad.  I was told that the tag reduce purposing weather I think it's having it or not   One of my biggest fear is if and when I get the new coach is the first scratch.  😨

3 hours ago, huffypuff said:

One of my biggest fear is if and when I get the new coach is the first scratch.  😨

6 years and I still walk around and cringe. Funny, if its one of the cars..Meah who cares!

I had to repair the awning wiring myself as I didn't want to trade in the coach with anything wrong with.  I trusted Liberty Coach in Sumner, WA to fix it and they didn't do it correct.  It have a bad connector that has the greenish meanies on it that wire has to be cut out of connector and new terminals.  To repair correctly I cut to through the wall connector off and spliced all five wires, then reseal the hole. The black wire for the motor had the greenish meanies running up it and had to be cut back a couple of inches to clean copper.  I hate when a shop fail to repair something I tell them to and they act like I'm the dumbly.  . 

Well it time for us to go home and lick our wounds.  In about a hour before orientation on new motorhome sales called and said the loan has stalled.  So after six weeks of waiting and packed to move to new coach this happen.  We are sick of it and don't care for it anymore.  We are going home and try to forget that we wasted the last six weeks of our vacation being duped by RV Country and their loan companies.  .  

Ray, you have my condolences!  That's got to hurt...You might want to try yourself, Bank of the West in Ark., They did ours, 20 years!  We took it, because the % is lower than what we're making on investments and the stock market is currently a yo-yo, thanks to Corona! 😡 I'm not even on the Loan...I just get to pay it.:ph34r: