huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

I agree with Bank of the West. Our first big purchase was with them and now the 2015 is with them. Good rates.

If you don't want to do business with that RV Company give BOW a call and see if you can set up a pre-approved loan, or at least go through their credit application to make it easier at then next RV company.

For us, internal layout is the most important. We want a living room to walk into either right off of the captain and co-pilot chairs or a door just behind the co-pilot chair.  Reasoning is that when guests are over the pilot/co-pilot chairs can be turned for extra seating and the guest don't have to talk across a forward kitchen to talk to other guests.

Another of our peeves was to NOT have couches opposing each other and one have a television that raises behind it.  Our thinking was that if we did have a couple guests over to watch Superbowl, they would not have to kneel on the couch in front of the TV to watch the game, giving us a view of their derriere.

I'll bet you have figured all of your desire out.

I'm just ranting.  Try Bank of the West. They have been good for us.

Dropped off the coach for a new windshield that somehow cracked on the way home from Laughlin, NV.  Insurance is paying for most of it.  We have been hunker down at home since the 9th and I kept my auto repair shop closed.  We will have a surprise announcement later today.   

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:06 PM, jleamont said:

I had to do that once, I sent them shopping I took the coach, worked out ok. The tough part was all the stuff I didn’t realize wasn’t secured until I went around a corner. :lol:

Joe, this reminds me of a trip that I took many years age in the old Country Coach. I was traveling to Florida to meet up with Sue, I had just purchased my first GPS, only other traveling with me was an old Yorkie (dog) named Toby. I had set the GPS to shortest route (big mistake), it took me down an old dirt pigtrail that finally turned to old gravel road, full of potholes and sharp turns. I had one of those coffee makers that hangs under the counter, the pot fit so well that we had always traveled with it in the CM. Well just made one of those unexpected 85 degree turns with a pothole all the way across the road, the coach hit bottom and Toby and I hit our heads on the ceiling, the coffee pot came out of the maker, hit on the dinette just below and it sounded like an explosion, poor Toby came to me got into my lap, all I could do was to stop the coach in the road, console the poor dog for at least fifteen minutes.

new_mh_front.thumb.jpg.0f7afc501686826affc9fa3ac689a9bb.jpgnew_mh_back.thumb.jpg.66d4a79c490052a7181fab842246ded3.jpg

It's a done deal and we brought it home.   Now we have to close this chapter and start a new one.  

18 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Well finally!! Now the work starts moving everything over from the old coach.

Bill 

Old coach is gone, now have to move from shed, garage, house into new coach.  

Well about time!

Looks great. Inside pictures please.

Now you can stop saying "Misadventures" and call it "Miss Adventures."

Ray, you have done good...beautiful.  We are still moving from living room, shed and box trailer into ours!  4 weeks.  Good luck & remember your increased height.

7 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Well about time!

Looks great. Inside pictures please.

Now you can stop saying "Misadventures" and call it "Miss Adventures."

Yes, it will call for a new thread of how it's going.  Have to come up with new title.  

7 minutes ago, manholt said:

Ray, you have done good...beautiful.  We are still moving from living room, shed and box trailer into ours!  4 weeks.  Good luck & remember your increased height.

Not only are we going to move in little by little,  I also have lots to learn on this new coach.  It's like moving out of a Chevrolet into a Bentley.    

Ray, biggest curve I found is the computer that want's me to keep long distance between me and a car or truck that just passed me!  Being on CC is a real pain,  I like 63 mph.  OTR comes in to soon & I'm automatically braked down to 58 until truck is 300' ahead.   In traffic, construction, the alarm goes off about every 2 seconds. Total of 9 cameras and Lord only knows how many sensors!  That's on Bendix, I called them, there is no over ride! 😡

I also have Silver Leaf computer, it's a lot more high tech than the one I had on last coach.  This one runs everything, inside and out, comfort zones, batteries, inverter/charging, auto gen, coach security, etc. & things we don't know yet. 

My American Coach was 12 foot 3 inches, this one is 13 foot 4 inches!  Been trimming branches in drive way.