huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

4 hours ago, jleamont said:

Puff, have a safe trip! If your up into this part of PA send me a PM, maybe we can catch up.

My brother lives in East Earl, PA near the Shady Maple place.  Maybe one night between the 25th and January 1st.   

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Sounds like a plan. Hope everything works out on the fridge. You and Hanna need to dust off those cob webs:P and looks like you are going to. Enjoy.

Herman

The fridge is working great, the recall box just doesn't like this NW damp weather.  I could dry it out with a hair dryer, put it in a bowl of rice or hand it to an Asian to fix.  Hey everybody all in the second sentence is a joke.  

We had the coach out a few times during the summer and early fall.  It felt very powerful with the light load but DW fixed that by loading all the stuff from the house in it.  So we will be lugging it again.   

5 hours ago, huffypuff said:

My brother lives in East Earl, PA near the Shady Maple place.  Maybe one night between the 25th and January 1st.   

Only 15 minutes from my house. Send me a PM if you can fit it into your schedule.

10 hours ago, jleamont said:

Only 15 minutes from my house. Send me a PM if you can fit it into your schedule.

OK, there should be some time.  

18 hours ago, huffypuff said:

The fridge is working great, the recall box just doesn't like this NW damp weather.  I could dry it out with a hair dryer, put it in a bowl of rice or hand it to an Asian to fix.  Hey everybody all in the second sentence is a joke.  Hey Ray, I resemble that!:D  But, the only way this Asian can fix it is with a strong magnet.  I always have one handy.  Wouldn't you know it, I have a bowl of rice too!  Seriously, if you're coming through Conroe, TX feel free to hook up at our house for a night or so!  Blake

We had the coach out a few times during the summer and early fall.  It felt very powerful with the light load but DW fixed that by loading all the stuff from the house in it.  So we will be lugging it again.   

I have the magnet but it failed to reset it this time  Good news, we made it to Graham, WA with no issues  be here til the third   

On each occasion that mine failed I was unable to reset with a magnetic nor was the repair shop successful in reseting..  On the first three repair the shops only replaced the circuit boards an they continued to fail.  On the last occasion they also  replaced the thermal coupler.

On 12/1/2016 at 7:55 PM, abyrd said:

On each occasion that mine failed I was unable to reset with a magnetic nor was the repair shop successful in reseting..  On the first three repair the shops only replaced the circuit boards an they continued to fail.  On the last occasion they also  replaced the thermal coupler.

I don't believe that will be any other problem in this case as the fridge works great with the recall bypass. 

Good News, we made it to Travis AFB, CA with no problems except the led porch light bulb. I have to get the ladder and try wiggling the bulb.

Ray,

Porch Light is no problem. You just place your right foot on the space between the passengers seat and the wall. Swing your left leg out around the door facing and hook you leg on the grab bar. With your right hand holding on to the inside grab bar for dear life, reach up with your left hand and remove the porch light cover. Move the cover to your mouth, but don't hold it with your teeth, because you might bite it into when you land on you backside. Wiggly the bulb. If it comes on then reverse the procedure.  Or maybe a ladder might be the best chose.   

Have a great trip.

Herman 

Finally got the ladder out and fixed  the porch light  Wiggling did not fix it as it kept going back out  I took the bulb out and rotated 180 degrees and now world perfect. 

Funny story about not using ladder, Herman. 

15 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Ray,

Porch Light is no problem. You just place your right foot on the space between the passengers seat and the wall. Swing your left leg out around the door facing and hook you leg on the grab bar. With your right hand holding on to the inside grab bar for dear life, reach up with your left hand and remove the porch light cover. Move the cover to your mouth, but don't hold it with your teeth, because you might bite it into when you land on you backside. Wiggly the bulb. If it comes on then reverse the procedure.  Or maybe a ladder might be the best chose.   

Have a great trip.

Herman 

Experience Speaking?

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I want to video Herman doing the maneuver he described.:o

Bill

Same here, I was picturing it laughing. 

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I have a different spell chack, if close it will go ahead and let ti go on theoug.

Hermen 

I was having problems with spell check in Internet Explorer but if I use Chrome it works sortuf.:lol:

Bill 

I got the porch light fixed, now the water pump is messing with me. It quit when I was soaped in  the shower.  While pulling the fuse it fixed itself.  later it quit again and I check both switches connectors and found no problem  got a new switch as it appears the basement one was bad any thought I broke it pulling terminals  i got new switch and found fuse blown.  replace fuse and all working again.  I know it wants to go out again when dry camping and I'm in the shower  Right now I will threaten it with a new switch  

15 hours ago, huffypuff said:

I got the porch light fixed, now the water pump is messing with me. It quit when I was soaped in  the shower.  While pulling the fuse it fixed itself.  later it quit again and I check both switches connectors and found no problem  got a new switch as it appears the basement one was bad any thought I broke it pulling terminals  i got new switch and found fuse blown.  replace fuse and all working again.  I know it wants to go out again when dry camping and I'm in the shower  Right now I will threaten it with a new switch  

Are you trying to convince us that you take showers and clean up?

14 hours ago, huffypuff said:

We made it to March ARB so we are moving forward. 

Are you retired military?  Where is your final destination this trip. I hope warmer weather.

Ha the shower was already overdue as air pollution laws are more strict in California   Hopefully the water pump will keep working. 

I'm 100% DAV so I and DW have military identification with some benefits.   I just started using famcamp about a year ago.  They are hit and miss to get into as most don't take reservations.