huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

2 minutes ago, BillAdams said:

Since you said I-20 and just before Dallas I hope you mean Cowtown RV Park.  Nice place!

No we are staying as many military Family campgrounds as we can to save cost  

Ray, if you do decide on Tannehill, send me a PM, I live less than 20 miles from there, would love to meet you and the DW, will buy lunch or dinner.

Ray,

I just went back and read your original post on your trip East December 10, 2013.Since then there have been 107, now 108 post to your story. On that trip it became obvious that without bad luck on that trip you wouldn't have had any luck at all.:lol:

Glad you and Hanna are back on the road and heading East again. Keep us up on the adventures of "Ray and Hanna". Be safe and have a wonderful Christmas.

Herman

9 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Ray, if you do decide on Tannehill, send me a PM, I live less than 20 miles from there, would love to meet you and the DW, will buy lunch or dinner.

Ray, the rib place we went to with Kay was worth the trip, he and Sue are great people to sit and chat with.

20 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Sorry to say we don't have much time to stop so we won't be able to meet anyone at this time  I'm just the driver as DW rules and Christmas is her guide  we will be at Charlotte's Motor Speedway by Dec 20  I have the military campgrounds book and my phone is not so good with it.  No travel is without problems.  Don't use plastic hose clamps when drain the head with slot of head pressure as you can pull a Robin Williams  :lol:

On 12/14/2016 at 9:03 PM, BillAdams said:

Bill wasn't cold when we left home but gotten cold since then  Yes, the cold tends to follow us right on our tails  It was 75 when we got here at Dyress AFB We will leave here early tomorrow so we won't be blamed of what the weather is afterwards  

We went to town to the Beehive and had a great dinner  

Glad you found a good place to eat. That is part of the fun of traveling. Finding a good restaurant in a new area is great.

Have you been watching the local weather?  You should be ok it is just geting colder for a couple of days starting Saturday night.^_^ 

Bill

Ray,

You might want to look at the weather report for the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for the next few days. It isn't going to be pretty. Very cold with possible snow and freezing conditions. After Monday it looks to get much better and be in the mid to upper 50's. Unlike the Pac/Northwest our road crews don't have the experience yours do. They try and do a fairly good job of keeping the roads clear.

Please be safe.

Merry Christmas,

Herman 

We are east of Jackson, Miss  DW didn't want to stop in Louisiana looking at a rest stop just inside MS  That was closed and the Walmart says no more rv in Vicksburg's   We are spending the night at a Pilot truck stop  We need to run the a/c here  

DW wants to stay at Atlanta NAF tomorrow   

8 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You dodged the big weather change it is 24*in ft worth with strong winds. 

Bill

Not so fast, it got down to 45 last night and going to get colder during the day  Have wind but not too strong but lots of rain.   Need to leave soon  but got boxed in while sleeping last night  I could unhook the toad and back the coach out to prevent the DW from knocking on the truckers door  :lol:

We made to Atlanta-Marietta RV Resort a FMCA member in Marietta, GA  Good news we had travel 700 + miles on 70 gallons of diesel  If we are getting 10 miles to a gallon I am amazed for this big rig towing.  It happen on the two last fill ups so don't seem like a mistake 

Tomorrow morning we are going to Charlotte Motor Speedway where the coach will get a two week rest  Maybe I will get a chance to fix the porch light again  

We are also losing trust with the outside door handle so I order a replacement  It hardly catches to unlatch the door to get inside  We leaving a window unlocked in case we have to use the ladder to get inside and open the door from the inside