huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

I had the breaker fail on the generator in our old coach on. The dealer I bought the replacement had it in stock, told me it was common.

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

I had the breaker fail on the generator in our old coach on. The dealer I bought the replacement had it in stock, told me it was common.

As soon I call the Cummins Onan shop Monday I will ask them. 

On 1/14/2017 at 6:39 AM, huffypuff said:

[...]

Anybody have a idea what kept the generator from producing electric for two days?  

[...]

It's afraid of DW, so it's working now!

You do know how that is, right?

On 1/14/2017 at 0:54 PM, jleamont said:

Huffypuff on broken app

After installing the Norcold gizmo all worked fine until the generator. I did some maintenance involving loose screws and replace step carpet.  DW is keeping me on my toes so she is doing alright. 

Ahh, the loose screws :rolleyes:. I started saving miscellaneous wood type screws in a drawer for those times stuff decides to fall out. 

10 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

The best practice is to keep your loose nuts in a sac or pouch to protect them till you need them.;)

Bill

?

2 years and 194 post and lots of adventures. It may be that it should have been started as a Blog. But I for one have enjoyed being a small part of Ray's adventure. It has allowed us all to travel with Ray and Hanna through some very rough times but also some happy times. This has allowed a number people that have never met one another to get together, now as friends, and travel with Ray and Hanna.  

Thanks Ray and keep us up on how we are doing.

Herman

18 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

It has allowed us all to travel with Ray and Hanna through some very rough times but also some happy times. This has allowed a number people that have never met one another to get together, now as friends, and travel with Ray and Hanna.

Agreed! This post gave me an opportunity to speak to Ray on the phone while he was 15 minutes from our home visiting family over the holidays.

Left Pensacola this morning and arrive at NAS JRB New Orleans this afternoon.  Both the outside of the coach and toad was filthy and tried to find a truck wash but missed it.  I got the toad washed after I got it unhooked and had dinner.  This RV park is nice and got to watched the Blue Angels practice today. Also got to meet Tom Johnson part owner of the Green Bay Packers.   We will be here until the 20th hopefully with no more issues.  I didn't have a chance to call the Cummins Onan dealer yet.  Thank all of you for your time and advice.  

There are a lot worse places to be. Did you know The Original Cafe Du Monde Coffee Stand was established in 1862 in the New Orleans French Market. The Cafe is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They are the primary reason men wore white suits in that area. The powdered sugar from the Beignets would get all over, so it was better to wear white so it didn't show. http://www.cafedumonde.com/ 

One outher of many favorite places is The Old Coffeepot. I liked everything especially the shrimp in cajun bbq sauce. http://www.theoldcoffeepot.com/

Have you taken the tour to the battle of NO battlefield?

Bill 

This is our second trip to NO and been to a couple of places you mention.  Tomorrow we will be taking the hop on and off bus tour.  We going to hop off at least at the cemetery and WWII museum and maybe some of those beignets again.  

Don't forget the ACME Oyster House on Bourbon St. across ally from Bennigans....great shrimp stew!

Can only speak for myself, but I'm happy to give you all the time and whatever advise you wish for...anytime!

Carl