huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

4 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Why? Campground?

Bill

Looks like campgrounds is too popular so they could only extend one day. Someone has reserved our spot as we are leaving. 

Edited by huffypuff
Dang autocorrect.

Ray, Alamo Fiesta RV park on Bourne, just East of San Antonio of I-10...$35 a night tax included.  Real nice place, I'll be there for a Rally Tuesday.  I'm currently at Sky Line RV Park in Bourne,,,i-10 to Hwy 46 to hwy 16, nice and $32 a night....

Did you talk to Cummins?

Carl 

2 hours ago, huffypuff said:

DW sitting on pilot seat cracking the whip. ?

Ok then I won't mention there use to be some military campgrounds up at Canyon Lake. Did you look at Randolph?

Bill

Bill.  I think they are heading home, for whatever reason...and it's probably none of our business.

Carl

24 minutes ago, manholt said:

Bill.  I think they are heading home, for whatever reason...and it's probably none of our business.

Carl

Well all they have to say is "we are anxious to get home" not we can't find a campground. I understand they are trying to conserve money so offered suggestions. 

On 1/21/2017 at 0:54 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Huffy dumb phone broken app. 

I'm a little under the weather today but we got to tour the Alamo  Finishing the day watching the playoffs. We are ready to head to El Paso in the morning. The old GPS let out the smoke so we picked up the highly recommend Rand McNally trucker GPS. We will find out tomorrow how it works.  

All fluid levels check out perfectly and haven't used one drop since we left home. At this point we are not worrying about the generator. We are more worry about being tied up in a repair shop a few days or longer. 

Ray.  Stay safe, long and boring road to El Paso!  Also, there is a major winter storm, that should nail you someplace around El Paso.  Black Ice is not your friend, nor high wind!

Carl

Puff, return the Rand McNally GPS if you can. If you want one that bad Ill give you mine, but caution its about as useless as......a wheel chock for guidance. To make matters worse the companies support is horrible.

Maybe....maybe you will be the 1% that it actually works correctly for.

I still like COPilot It works realey well many customizable features and you download maps on wifi so  you don't use data. I have it on phones and on tablet. The tablet (10") is much bigger than the stand alone gps systems. 

Bill

On 1/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, huffypuff said:

I'm going to attempt this navigation tomorrow hopefully arriving before too late.  I'm going to call the rv park in the morning about late check in just in case.  going to be a long day tomorrow.  We will be there till the 23th.  

Had construction going on the the past days and missed the post.

Did you get to stay at Fort Sam? 

There is a FamCamp El Paso a Fort Bliss, but problem this time of year is the Winter Texans filling up the parks. They do bring a little money to the area though.

1 hour ago, Wayne77590 said:

Had construction going on the the past days and missed the post.

Did you get to stay at Fort Sam? 

There is a FamCamp El Paso a Fort bliss, but problem this time of year is the Winter Texans filling up the parks. They do bring a little money to the area though.

They are probably on the road. That is another long day about 11-12 hours.

Bill

This time of year, you also have all the RV's going to Quartzite and next month FMCA pre Rallies prior to Chandler!  If Ray left early enough this frozen morning, 32 in Bandera.  He should be around Ft. Stockton by now!

Per NOAA, expect high wind tonight and tomorrow, 25 to 35mph with gust's to 40+.  Same goes all the way to Benson, AZ. 

Carl 

On 1/21/2017 at 11:54 AM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Huffy dumb phone broken app. 

We made it Fort Bliss  about 4:40 PM and the office was closed. We got the last site as there was 5 yesterday. My cold got worse so I am beat.  Going to eat dinner then go to bed. We not going anywhere until the storm passes  

16 hours ago, huffypuff said:

We made it Fort Bliss  about 4:40 PM and the office was closed. We got the last site as there was 5 yesterday. My cold got worse so I am beat.  Going to eat dinner then go to bed. We not going anywhere until the storm passes  

Wise person, and stay safe.  Friends traveling that route had their awning shredded on the drive.

Huffy broken app on dumb phone

Went to VA Clinic yesterday and I'm on borderline of bronchitis. You would think it would be warm here in El Paso but we have to run the heat pump during the day and furancce at night. 

You been running too hard for too long!  Hope they gave you some anti biotic for it !  Get well, before you leave..:)

Carl 

Huffy broken app on dumb phone

Yes they gave antibiotic and cough syrup so I should be fine in a couple of days. We will leave here Monday for Yuma.