princessharms

Inner Cooler For 1995 Safari

Mary,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

The inter-cooler, also known as an after-cooler and CAC (charge air cooler) is speced and installed by the chassis maker. What chassis do you have?

Can your current inter-cooler be repaired?

Mary - I don't know what part of the country you're in, so if you go to either of the 2 Yahoo Safari MH websites and do a search in the messages for "Salvage", you will find a salvage yard in South Carolina that has a couple of wrecked Safari's.

Most folks just have the CAC re cored that is what we did and ended up with a better cooler than what came on the coach. We used Fleet Air Technology in Martsell, AL

Walt,

I am curious how you would know its a better cooler?

Sorry I didn't answer sooner.

The CAC in our Dynasty was mfg by Radiator Specialties and they have had a lot of failures, the tube design has a grommet seal to seal the tube to the CAC flange and also for the expansion caused by the heat and then cool.

Before I had my CAC repaired I discussed where my cooler was leaking and was informed by Fleet Air that this type cooler core was a cheaper style of core and had a shorter life span because the grommet style seals will fail with age.

They removed my tanks and installed them on a new core while we waited (400 + mile round trip ) cost was the best I remember 4 yrs ago $950 and my son and I did the removal and replacement without removing the radiator, total time for removal and installation with our procedure was about 4 1/2 hrs.