F355197

Dash AC/Heater Control

I have a 2003 Monaco Executive. The dash AC/Heater control has three knobs: fan speed, temperature setting and flow discharge options (floor, dash, both, etc.). The fan switch will turn on the blower then after a short time the blower stops.

Rapidly cycling the fan switch will cause it to come on but will soon stop. I had a 1998 Beaver with the same control and the same problem.

Is this typical of these controls and do I have to replace the entire control or can the fan switch be replaced.

Thanks,

Jack

Monaco can tell you what HVAC control they use.

BTW, there are three components in the system: switch, resistor, fan motor. The resistor's job is to select lower fan speeds.

For more info on the resistor, just Google: dash hvac fan resistor

My fan was operating on high only as noted by another contributor. Removing the fan knob and then applying side pressure to the shaft the fan will come on and may or may not stay on. Based on that I am assuming it is the switch. I will be removing it this week to troubleshoot.

Actually, if the fan works on high only, the resistor is the likely suspect.

Of course, if playing with the the switch makes it work, that would be where to start.

The problem is solved. I removed the dash panel and the plug for the fan speed switch had fallen off. I replaced the plug and the fan works on all speeds. I don't know why it was working intermittently before but possibly the plug was slightly hanging on the switch pins so it would barely make contact on HI only. It is now firmly locked in place.