dougallman

Alaska 2014 or 2015

Looking for anyone interested in going to Alaska either in 2014 or 2015. We have a 2004 Beaver Marquis with 505 Cat, 3 slides and tow a Ford F-150 crew cab (now 2012 but soon to be 2015).

We have rv'd since 1971,11.5' Pickup camper, Class A then 1991 Beaver Contessa and now the Marquis. Travel western states every summer. Do almost all the work on our rigs with exception of internal engine or transmission.

Just like to see the great outdoors and have a good time doing it. We are not structured so what looks interesting we poke our noses into and what doesn't appeal we just move on.

Definitely want to do some fishing out of Homer, charter or shore. Not looking for the big city stops but if it is interesting enough we can take the truck to go see it.

Looking for some interested parties to share the road with, maybe not follow front to tail but meet at points along the way or go to areas/sites we like to see in common. I would never say I do not have a need for speed but this trip is not one of those times. This is kind of one of them soak it all in cause we are probably not going back soon. We are going there to see it, not fly by it.

I was stationed on Adak and in downtown Anchorage right after the quake in 1964.

Probably 6 rigs at most but maybe 8 if all of same interest. Have no exact itinerary.

If you are interested please let me know and maybe we could get together for meeting, planning, etc. We would be leaving out to Traverse City Michigan and can pick up those additional travelers anywhere on the byways.

I'm hosting a rally in Northern WI for a couple clubs in June 2014 otherwise I was hoping to make that trip in June/July/Aug of 2014.....

Now thinking about June/July/Aug 2015 may be the time...

I'll keep an eye on this one..

2014 or 2015 and the June July Aug would be the timeframe we would think is best.

We were in Wisc last year at the World Lumberjack Championships in Hayward. Then off to Blackhills and Cody.

Howdy,

We are also wanting to RV to Alaska and would prefer sharing the trip with small group. We've looked at professional caravans but prefer something less formal and structured.... I've been RVing since 2003.

We are based in Palm Springs, CA. and have a 2014 Four Winds Class C, 31 ft on a 450 Ford Chassis(I've had 3 class A's, a travel trailer), the toad is a 1990 Isuzu Trooper stick with 4 x4. During the past 5 years we've been to Washington DC, Vancouver, and this year spent 3 mos. on the road touring NorCal.

Please let me know the status of your planning ....

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Doug

Hi Doug & Trudy,

We are glad you replied and seems your bio is just like ours, lets go enjoy this US we live in with a few other like minded travelers.

I am going to see what rest of family has in mind for vacations this summer while we are all together over Xmas and that will pretty much get us as to when, 2014 or 2015 we decide to see Alaska.

I will keep you posted here. Have a Happy Holiday.

Will keep an eye on this topic. A couple of us are planning on heading up there in 2015. We were there this past June and July and want to take a couple of friends up there so they can experience Alaska.

We are looking at a 2014 trip to Alaska also. We have a Monaco Monarch 33 SFS, have only been RVing 2 years but lived on a sailboat in Mexico for several years. Will be towing a CRV.

We lived in the interior for almost two years in 1960-1962, Nenana, Clear, Anderson. These are between Fairbanks and Denali on what is now the Parks Highway. When we were there, the only road was a dirt from Fairbanks to the far side of the Tanana River at Nenana so we would really like to see the changes. We drove the Alaska Hwy. in 1960 and 62, when it was all dirt from Dawson Creek.

We are base in Prescott, AZ. Our current itinerary (still in flux) is Sweet Grass, MT to Whitehorse, YT where we would leave the Alaska Hwy. and take the Klondike route, entering into Alaska at Chicken, then on to Fairbanks. From there to Denali, Anchorage, Kenai Peninsula, Haines, Skagway, then return. We are in no hurry and a currently looking at somewhere around ten weeks.

We will keep an eye on this thread. Thank you for starting it.

Jack and Margaret

Did anyone on this forum make the trip to Alaska this year? We are beginning plans for a 2015 trip from So. CA and don't know if we want to go it alone or join a small group. Would love to hear from anyone who made the trip in 2014 or planning for 2015. We have a 34' gas National Dolphin class A, tow = 2007 Jeep Liberty. Suggestions on campgrounds, things not to miss, mishaps, things to be aware of, etc. Thank you!

Hi Jeff and Joyce,

Did you make it to AK this year? Are you still planning on going? We went several years ago. Best adventure I've had.

We are also from Oceanside and retired.

Anita