Sign in to follow this  
jlandon13399

KOA Buys Lazy Days Tucson Campground

Just took my 2008 H/R Ambassador to Lazy Days in Tucson for some maintenance and found out that KOA has purchased the Lazy Days campground in Tucson. They will honor any "free night" certificates until April 1st 2014. This could be extended but my advice is if you have them use them before April 1st.

I met the KOA folks transitioning the park from Lazy Days. They were very professional and seemed to want our business. Yes I believe the rates will eventually go up but you do get what you pay for in some parks.

KOA is our last choice in CGs. Most are considerably more expensive than other parks. Sure, some have more amenities, but most are way over priced.

KOA only purchased the camp ground not the service center. I do not know what is going on with Lazy Days. They do have a new CEO and he is trying to bring his influence to the table. They have lost a few good people recently which is not a good thing for any business. We purchased our motorhome from Lazy Days last May and they have been great for warranty repairs. I hope the loss of personnel and the sale of the campground is not the tip of the iceberg.....

Strange that Lazy Days is fully capable of running an RV park in FL but does not have any interest in running an RV park in Tucson.

I know the Tucson location is in a bad area and distracts many RVers from wanting to stay there but I can't figure out why they would run one but not the other.

Bill,

Actually the area is not too bad and they have 24 hour security. There are two other RV dealers within a block of Lazy Days (La Mesa and Freedom). We have used the park during warranty repairs for the two rigs we purchased from Lazy Days. Now that they have sold to KOA I wonder how warranty's will be addressed for those that need to stay while repair/parts are scheduled. We so have a couple free nights and will use these up before the March 31st deadline.

Good travels and have a Happy New Year.

Actually, the area surrounding Beaudry is quite bad. I love the park but it's not safe outside those walls at night. Lots of break-ins have happened to RV's while in the park and they have even had people break through the cinderblock walls to gain access. They do a good job of trying to keep it as safe as possible but there's no way to keep everyone out all of the time and "stuff" happens.

Don't get me wrong. Anytime I stayed in that area I stayed at Beaudry (for an entire month once) but that doesn't mean I wasn't cautious and I didn't leave anything out that I might be concerned could grow legs.