Sign in to follow this  
geraldlanc

Level Again-- Finally

The leveling system in my 02 Beaver has stopped working. The problem is that the control panel "burned up".

That part is no longer available, but a dealer in Oregon has devised a solution for this problem. They will not, however, ship out the part. I will have to travel from Texas to Oregon for the fix.

If they could come up with a fix, I would think that a skilled electrician would be able to reproduce this control panel as well.

Does anyone out there know if this part is available somewhere closer to me, or if there is a different solution?

Gerald

Gerald,

As ticat900 posted, the more information you have on the system the more the likelihood that we can help.

Very unlikely that it a "Beaver" system. Likely a system shared with other motorhomes.

Brand, model number, etc.

Gerald,

The level control panels often have the company name and a model number printed in one of the corners, if that will help you out.

There are a number of different systems. Some are electric(not on your make), hydraulic, or air operated. Then one gets into the manual, semi auto level and full auto level an a combination of air and hydraulic on some models.

Rich.

Gerald, this is a link to the IDs system Forum.

IDs leveling system - BAC Forum

forum.bacrallies.com/m-1271945911/‎

This is a link to one of there owners manuals if you's is missing it might help some.

http://lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Leveling/IDS%20Auto-Leveling%20Addendum-Web.pdf

This link is to some other PDF files for LCI leveling systems, that might cross to the IDs systems.

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175&Itemid=104

Rich.

Gerald, After reading one of the LCI owners manuals, it looks like the IDS system is supplied or subcontracted for use in your Beaver Coach. This is a copy of page 10 of one of there manuals and it sure looks like the calibration and operation are the same.

Rich.

LEVEL ZERO POINT CALIBRATION
Before auto-leveling features are available, the Level Zero point must be set.
This is the point to which the system will return when an auto leveling cycle is
initiated.
To set the zero point (controller module must be fully secured in production intent
location), first run a manual leveling sequence to get the vehicle to the desired
level point. Then activate the Level Zero point configuration mode.
This mode is enabled by performing the following sequence:
1. Turn panel off. Then turn panel on.
2. Perform the following:
-Press the FRONT switch 5 times.
-Press the REAR switch 5 times.
3. At this point all LED outputs will blink, and the buzzer will be off.
4. You are now in IDLE mode ready to set Zero Point.
5. With a carpenter’s level, manually level the coach. This will give the
leveling controls the reference point for the Zero Point Configuration.
6. When coach is completely leveled manually press the RETRACT ALL
switch 3 times to set the zero point.
For DIESEL UNITS with Airbag Suspensions ONLY:
NOTE: You may also enter zero mode per above at anytime the system is
in IDLE mode. The user then has control to extend any pair of jacks while
in zero mode in order to position the vehicle properly prior to
programming.
AIR AND AUXILIARY FEATURE CONFIGURATION For DIESEL UNITS with Airbag Suspensions ONLY:
Feature is entered ONLY after zero mode programming.
At this point the WAIT LED will blink for 20 seconds. You are now in Air / Auxiliary Feature Configuration mode.
To enable Air Auxiliary features, perform the following:
Press the RETRACT ALL switch 3 times
User must do this within 20 seconds of entering this mode.
To disable Air features, perform the following:
Do nothing, After 20 seconds, module will exit mode with features disabled.

Rich.

The control pad on my 02 Beaver Marquis went out about 2 weeks ago.

I contacted a firm who has made a fix (very expensive) for this as parts are no longer available - not true.

I located an RV outfit in Kentucky that had a used panel available. Installed it today and the leveling system is working like a charm.

The bad news, my son-in-law is a computer software engineer and very skilled with electronics in general. After I had installed the new control panel, he said the problem with mine was probably the on/off switch which he had a source for at a much lower price than the used panel.

So if anyone is having a problem with their control panel, pm me and I will give you some leads for possible repair.

Gerald