Sign in to follow this  
dobie5@centurylink.net

Satellite Receiver Connections

I have a 2004 Bounder 32w and have installed flat screen tvs in both cockpit and bedroom locations. The wiring for the previous crt tvs is all coax with a factory video switcher for both tvs cd/dvd player.

I have a Dish 211Z receiver however it only has a hdmi connection . I need to know how I can connect both tvs to the satellite receiver.

Do I need a second receiver? or, do I need a different receiver?

I admit to be electronically challenged and solicit help!

Bill Saunders

You need a hdmi splitter because I think you have only one hdmi output.

You will have to run hdmi cable to each tv, if you don't you will not get a high definition picture. If you opt for a second receiver then you can watch different channels on each tv, and won't need the splitter.

Hdmi cable length can be up to at least 50 feet without a booster.

Another option is to go to an audio/home tv store and purchase an HDMO/ethernet kit. HDMI cables are very expensive and you can avoid the cost with the HDMI/ethernet cable adapters. The adapters are about 6" long on each end of the system. You can run ethernet cable between the adapters. This will save a pile of dollars depending on your run.

If you have a audio out( red and white) and Video out (yellow ) on the same receiver you can use a adapter to go from these 3 connections to your existing cable "HOWEVER" you will not receive it in High definition.

The only way to get HD is run a HD cable to each TV or spend big bucks and buy HDMI wireless system at around 300$ per TV set.

Does your current sat dish support more than one receiver?

As mentioned, if you don't care about HD on the other TV(s) you can buy an RF modulator and connect that to the Red/White/Yellow outputs on that receiver and use the coax output from the modulator to send the signal to the other TV(s). If you want HD on more than one TV the easiest way to do this is to put a receiver at each TV and run a coax from the antenna to each receiver. That does mean you need a dedicated line to each receiver but that should also be easier than the other options.

The 211z has Video out only (plus red/white audio out). That's what you would connect to an RF modulator and the modulator would provide a coax output.