Sign in to follow this  
michaelhillhouse

Directv Receiver

Directv changed my receiver for a later version with a new card. The problem is my ant. won't point correctly. The only thing I noticed is the new receiver is a 2 prong where the old one was 3 prong. Is the ground on a 3 prong grounded to the case? I did find that running a ground from chassis ground turned the search on for the ant. but I can't get the receiver to download the signal.

2 prong, 3 prong? What are you referring to? The wall plug?

What is the model number of the new receiver?

Your 120V supply being a 2 prong or a 3 prong has absolutely NOTHING to do with your dish pointing in the correct direction nor any bearing on the operation of the receiver.

You didn't indicate how old your satelite is. I had a 2003 sat and when I upgraded the receiver it would not lock in the sat. The old receiver used a seperate data line to comunicate with the sat. The new one did not. Had to upgrade the sat in order to get it to work.

An AM-21 has nothing to do with the reception of satellite TV or the operation of any satellite antenna. The AM-21 is just an add-on available for some DirecTV receivers allowing the reception of the OTA programming on that box.