Has anyone besides myself had trouble with Dish Network providing satellite service foryour motor home? I currently have Direct TV as my sat. provider for both my home and motor home, no problem there. I thought that I would try Dish Network as they advertise lower prices for sat. service. They will provide my home service with no prolems but they want for me to have a second account for my RV as it is mobile. Duhhhh. They said that I would have to set up servce in whatever town that I was visiting, (does any of this make sense?). So I asked them what if I stayed at a park one night and picked up the next day and drove to another state? The only answer that I got was I would have to have 2 accounts.

So I told them that I would just stay with Direct as they provide 3 recevers in my home and 1 in my RV, and only have one account. They could care less what state my RV recives their proramming in. Just wondering?

Terry

we have dish in our stick & bricks and in our MH, only have one account, in fact they sent us a new hd box for the motorhome for free, try asking for thge rv dept when u call. gl and safe trips :rolleyes:

Thanks I'll have to give that a try, I didn't realize that they had an rv dept and they didn't volunteer that info either.

Guest Wayne77590

It's the "first monkey out of the barrel" syndrome. And usually not in the U.S.

I have DISH, and I take my DVR-722 with me on my longer trips. I don't get national coverage once I get out of the spot-beam. I'm interested in those who are receiving National, and did you have to sign up for DNS (Distant Network Services) through American Direct. Did you have to fill in the RV Declaration, etc.

I don't know why they make this hard on us.

Wayne

I see by your post that you use your DVR. My question is do you

use it for both your living room and bedroom tv's and can you

watch two different channels at the same time. The reason i ask

is at fmca the satellite people told me that it would not work and i

would need two different receivers. I have two in my house and my

DVR runs two tv's so i don't know why it wouldn't work in the MH.

Thanks Chuck

Guest Wayne77590

Yes sir!

I looked at the back of the Winegarten distribution box and put a splitter in there that goes to the back bedroom. The hookup then is the same as the stick house. I have the DVR 722 and the non-dvr 322. I take the DVR-722 with me when I travel.

You would not need a splitter if you run a wire directly to the back BR from the Distibution Out of the DVR. I have not really used it that much, as there has been cable everywhere we go, so far, or tv reception is good. DW likes the Food Network, so there are many of those recorded. Even if I do not set up the satellite dish I can still watch what is recorded. So I throw in some movies that I want to watch later. I'm thinking of dropping the movie channels and save a few bucks. I'm tired of the re-runs. Also, with "RedBox" (www.redbox.com) at the corner stores, and the price to rent a movie being only $1 (1 buck) I really don't need to be paying for all those movie channels. Also, with HuLu (www.hulu.com) I can catch up on back episodes of most tv shows. When the season is in bloom we watch NCIS, CSI, HOUSE, etc., and most of those are on network tv, so I'm going to look into Distant Newtwork Service.

Instead of a splitter you could use an AB switch. I'm going to hook one up that I have that is automatic. It senses a signal or you can select it manually.

I believe that I also put the antenna into the antenna jack on the DVR-722 so that I can just use the antenna remote without having to get up and push buttons. I know I did, just don't remember right now but I'm going out over the Labor Day weekend and may take another look and write it all down.

Thanks Wayne,

I was hoping that was the case. The satellite people must have

wanted to sell two receivers. I did not want to unhook both of

the receivers in the house if i didn't have to.

My winter project is to replace both tv's with new HD flat screens.

I will only have to change the opening for my old receiver to fit

the DVR and cable is already run to the bedroom tv.

I will need a new dish for HD but i think i will leave that to someone

who knows more about it than me.

Thanks again, Chuck