Sign in to follow this  
gealfa

Do You Like Your Georgetown Motorhome?

Georgetown motorhomes sure do look nice. Do any of the forum members own one and willing to give me information on how you do or don't like it.

I own a Tiffin now and looking to change/upgrade to a unit a little longer with a king bed.

Thanks in advance,

Gealfa

We have a 2008 373DSXL. We bought it in July of 2009. The original owner only kept it for 3 months. It only had 2,039 miles on it when we bought it. That made us the second owners so all warranties were void. Thankfully we bought an extended warranty. We have a $200 deductible but the warranty has more than double paid for itself. It is a nice looking coach but it simply lacks quality. I hesitate to say too much about quality since some of the topics under this forum indicate that quality is a problem with most other makes also. We plan to upgrade to a new coach this year but I'm reasonably sure it won't be another Georgetown. Good Luck.

We originally bought a 2008 373 model Georgetown and experienced the lemon of lemons.....17 total weeks in the service shop...never resolved all items...went to mediation....chose a different model..374!......had much better experiences other than recent hydraulics problems resolved mostly through extended warranty!

We have about 23000 miles to date and love the layout!

George

We like our Georgetown, most of the problems we had were with components that most of all the other manufacturers use as well.

A good dealer is very important. Forest River has stood behind our coach very well.

I would buy an other one but not from the same dealer.

2012 mol.329. 5000mi, window leaking , door will not shut right . air was not filled when new. looks good right now NOT a happy camper :angry:

Our second rig was a Forrest River Charleston - supposedly an upgrade to the Georgetown. The components were OK, but the manufacturer's engineering was ridiculous. EVERY slider (four) failed at one time or another and usually at very inconvenient times. However, what was even worse was one of the living room slides came off its rails and the technician showed me that it happened because a wiring harness for 120 V became pinched, abraded and within millimeters of coming in direct contact with the metal slide rail. I didn't want to be electrocuted by dumb engineers/ manufacturer and sold the rig.

I see they have a 36 ft Georgetown on a 20,500 lbs chassis, and a 208 inch wheel base, that just ain't right.

You wanna go from a Tiffin to a Forest River?

Tiffin has had it's issue with a slide, but what I am reading here is everybody has slide problems. Georgetown, Thor and others.

Tiffin fixed the slide with no issues since.

Does Georgetown, (Forest River) take care of that issue?

With Tiffin you pretty much go back to Red Bay.

How does Georgetown handle it? back to factory or a dealer?

We have a 2013 Georgetown 335. We have been on the road for past 2 months with no major issues. Have a few minor warranty issues when I get home. We love the floor plan. This is a no frills coach, but fits our needs. I've owned DP's and Class C's. We like this the best so far.

My wife and I have had our 2013 378XL TS for a little over a year. We ordered the coach with a drivers door as another means of egress in case of an emergency. The placement of the drivers mirror with that door was not acceptable... 70% of the mirror was blocked. Had to return the coach to Elkhart to have that issue resolved. FR did an excellent job with that. Since then we have put nearly 9K miles on it. Really like the layout and the room. We previously had a 31' Class C. Overall, we are very pleased with our coach! This June we are Alaska bound for 3 months!! :)