Sign in to follow this  
mkenway

No Hot Water Pressure

After I de-winterized, I don't have any pressure on the hot water line. The pressure on the hot lines, drops off to a trickle. If I open a second faucet in the hot-cold mix position, it will increase the pressure on the hot line in the other faucet. If I open two faucets in the hot position, it's as if it creates a vacuum and I get only a dribble. I have released the pressure on the water heater until water runs out. I'm puzzled as to why I get pressure on the cold line but no on the hot!

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

08 ITASCA

This is not your problem, but after de-winterizing I have had plugged strainers on the faucets and they had to be cleaned before I had flow at the faucet. Since you have pressure on the cold side, but not the hot side, I would suspect what "Newbie" above said.

Sam

Another common issue (assuming bypass valves are completely open to the water heater) is for minerals to restrict flow through the check valve at the back of the water heater.

The by-pass valve is in the normal position. I have heard since my post that it may be a check valve at the end of the HW tank. If it sticks, it won't let water flow in the correct direction.

Any thoughts?