Sign in to follow this  
brocki

Streets and Trips 2009 with GPS

The program comes with no documentation so:

We have no problem routing and planing on the program as we have had with previous versions of the program, but we don't know how to get the GPS attachment to "find us" on our route after it is plugged in and the program is up and running. The GPS seemed like a good idea, but we really don't know what it can do for us. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Wayne77590

I have had MS S&T since 2005 and the GPS version since 2006. MS S&T comes with its own gps antenna that plugs into the USB port. I'm not on my PC right now, but if I remember, there are pull down menu's and you need to activate the GPS once the GPS antenna is plugged in. Other GPS antennas will work if they plug into the USB port. Once you are up and running the find me function should work.

Try this site for help, MS S&T Product Help

If you don't find the answer, give me a shout and I'll break out the laptop and fire it up.

First, make sure that the GPS antenna that came with Streets and Trips is plugged into a USB port and that the antenna is located close to an outside window so that reception is maximized. Open Streets and Trips and click on the GPS task pane located on the menu bar at the top of the page. Once the GPS task pane is open, click the green button that says Start/stop GPS Tracking. (You will also have to accept a disclaimer page that warns against being distracted while driving). Once the antenna has located the satellites a GPS (red dot) symbol will appear on the map section of the page and that is your current location.

Hope this helps.

I'm looking for a data function with Streets and Trips. I have a Garmin GPS and it gives me an assortment of data to choose from in the data display, things like speed, distance to next, distance to destination, ETA, etc. I can't find an option to add any of these functions to the Streets and Trips display. Are they there and I'm just missing them or are these functions not available? I know there is a basic information block that shows up when you activate the GPS but it doesn't seem to offer any options for changing the kind of information provided in this block or elsewhere.

I got my Streets and Trips up and running several days ago and put Louise in charge of it. It took her about an hour to start really getting into it. She finally is digging a GPS instead of making fun of me and my love of the GPS. :rolleyes:

For those who are not aware, S & T has the capability of importing an Excel spreadsheet with data you might want for individual waypoints. When you mouse over a push pin on your map, a small box will pop up with the data you have entered from the spreadsheet. It’s a nice feature for identifying different campgrounds, restaurants, fuel stops, etc without having to use different push pins and then trying to remember which is for what. That Exel data can also contain a phone number or address as you see fit.