Sign in to follow this  
susansmellcat

Motorhome Electrical Outlets Not Working

Hi, everybody!

We have been living in a motorhome to try to cut expenses. However, a couple weeks ago we lost our electrical outlets. None of them will work.

There is no battery in the motorhome, but our lights still are on, so I know the connection to the barn we are plugged into is good. We really need these plugs for our heaters and electric blanket.

Any suggestions?

Really need more info. Is the motorhome 30-amp or 50-amp service? If it is 30-amp, there will be 3 prongs on the plug in, or if 50-amp, there will be 4 prongs. All motorhomes have a breaker panel, or a fuse panel if it is a really old one. I would start there, looking for tripped breakers or blown fuses. There could be many factors though, so additional info will be helpful.

Kay

Susan,

Welcome to the Forum.

In your coach you should have an AC Electrical Panel. Check and see if you may have a tripped breaker.

Let the Forum know what make and model coach you have and someone may have the same coach as you and have had the same problem.

Herman

Hi my name is Ray.

I just signed into this forum and I have the same problem of no power on the outlets. The generator runs good and only 1.0 volts coming out. This is a 30 amps outlet.

If I plug in to the power outlet in my house everything work good but when a plug into the motorhome, no power on any outlet. All breakers are good and fuses OK.

Need some help.

Ray,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Could you post the Year, Make and Model number of your coach for the members?

This information helps us to know if your coach wiring has ATS system or one needs to plug the shore power line into a J box mounted in a compartment. Then we can offer information more relevant to the wiring.

Rich.

There is obviously a problem with the generator. You should have a full 120 volts (approx.) when the generator is running. I would check for circuit breakers on the generator. If that is not the problem, you might need to consult with a professional for that brand generator. There might also be a main power disconnect switch somewhere on your motor home.

For the original OP, you should also be checking for open circuit breakers as Herman and Brett mentioned. Whenever I lose power to outlets, I have a circuit breaker tripped. For example, when I am running a small ceramic heater and the coffee maker, if I try to toast some bread I will trip the breaker to the front of the coach. This is a likely candidate for you as well. Electric heaters draw a lot of power.

Is it possible that you have power in the outlets not in a slide - but only the slide outlets are dead?

Are you positive that the electrical supply plug for all the outlets in the slides has not been pulled out or gotten jarred out?

Each slide's outlets have their power supplied by a plug in an outlet mounter in the ceiling of the compartments under the respective slide... crawl in, look up