RJEJ

Dually Valve Stems

Today I tried to order the Dually Valve Stems for our 2008 32LA Ford chassis and was asked the following questions.

1. What is your wheel size? 19.5"

2. What is your Inner and Outer wheel type? (Ex. I-Steel, O-Steel; or I-Steel, O-Aluminum; or I-Aluminum, O-Aluminum)

3. We need to determine the stabilizer shape and size. What is the shape and size of the hand holes on the wheel? (Not the simulator cover)

Ex. Oval or Round

Ex. 3" x 1-1/4" or 2"

I had already told them the wheel size, 19.5, so not sure why they asked again. Hoping for some help with questions 2 & 3. The wind chill here is in the teens and I really don't want to get out of a warm home and drive to the coach to take these measurements. Just too cold for a Texan. Thought someone might have already done this so any help with questions 2 & 3 will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RJ

2008 Tiffin Allegro

"How about waiting till it warms up?!! You need to do an actual measurement to get the correct size and shape"

Thanks for the suggestion. The main reason for my post was to avoid a long drive to the coach and not so much the cold weather. Also, I would think all 2008 Ford 19.5 wheels are most likely the same and would really like to have someones measurements to eventually compare to mine. But again thanks for the thought.

RJ

Do you want valve stems, or valve stem extensions? If you ask for valve stems, it makes a difference because there are many manufacturers. Aluminum rims are lighter than steel, but they are much thicker than a steel wheel, because steel is stronger. This will require a different valve stem, because of the thickness. Some coaches run steel inner wheels, and aluminum outer on duallies, some run all aluminum, and some all steel with simulators. That is the reason for the 2 and 3 questions. Hope this helps to make easier to understand. If you only want valve stem extensions, then it wont make a lot of difference.

Kay

I worked with Bill Falkenborg at Borg Supply and determined the kit for the rear wheels is DL3FC. The hand holes on my 19.5 wheels measure 21/4 x 41/4. Also, he is making stems for the front wheels. He is very helpful and can be contacted at 818-352-8717.

RJ