Sign in to follow this  
caresen

Insurance for Class A and vehicles

We are insured by a popular company for insurance that includes the motorhome & vehicles. When insured seperately, the cost is very different. Whenever it renews or changes, they kill a tree with paperwork that I am not sure a good attorney can interpret.

My question is, I am looking for an insurance company for my Class A & vehicles with one policy and one payment. So far, no easy solutions. I have talk to others who have experienced significant increases in policies from year to year. Coverage is from 2 companies not one.

I was not pleased to leave All State after over 20 years of service from them, but they do not cover Class A motorhomes.

I have been with progressive since 1999 with the exception of one year.....Boy,,,,,did I miss progessive..

The company I used for that one year had competitve rates,,,,but sure was a pain to pay,,,,had to call or mail payment.

With progressive,,,I did everything online,, including print proof of insurance ID...everything with progressive is paperlesss,,,,

Had a $5k comp claim with progressive due to tree damage from a storm,,,,,,,they did not bat an eye,,,great customer service...

Others experience may be different....

just my 2cents

These are the people we have used for some time AON Insurance. They have been very easy to deal with. Don't forget, RV insurance is a different animal. You need to make sure that your RV insurance is very similar to a homeowners policy and covers your contents for a number of problems from theft to flood.

I also have Progressive. Can't say enough good about them. They saved me a bunch over Allstate and they handled a claim better than any insurance company ever has! We do have two policies however. One is for the motorhome and includes the extra liability insurance and a high limit contents insurance. The second policy is for the toad and is a standard auto policy.

HI EVERYONE. THIS IS MY FIRST RV I HAVE OWNED. ITS AN 82 REVCON. I LOVED IT TILL THIS LAST WEEK WHEN I HAVE TO GET IT REGESTERED AND SMOGED BECAUSE IM A NEW OWNER AND INSURENCE. MIND YOU MY FIRST FOR ALL THREE. IM 46 AND HAVE MANY QUESTIONS. BUT I HAVE TO AGREE THAT WHEN CALLING AROUND THE OTHER DAY I FOUND PROGRESSIVE TO HAVE THE LOWEST PRICE. ACTUALLY THEY MATCHED ANOTHER COMPANIES QUOTE. I LOVE THE CHICK IN THE COMMERCIALS. :rolleyes:

I'm also using AON Recreation Insurance currently the policy is written with Progressive. The folks at AON gave me three quotes for my policy and did a good job explaining where they differed. I've been with them for several years, two trailers now the motorhome.

If nothing else take a moment to visit their website and click the link titled "The differences between a standard auto policy and a specialty RV insurance policy" good information to know when looking at policies.

Hi caresen,

I've been with Farm & City for several years. They are a broker who will search different companies to get the coverage you want at the best price. Their number is 800-331-1520.

When I bought my Class A the seller recommended Progressive. I shopped around and found Geico was almost exactly twice as much as Progressive. Went with Progressive.

Then, when I needed to renew insurance for my car, decided to try Progressive. My EX WIFE had an accident the previous year, and because of that Progressive rated me on my insurance. Duh.

Went with Liberty Insurance, as they saw no need to rate me for someone else's accident since that person was not a designated driver on my policy. About half as much as Progressive. I still have Progressive on the Class A, and we will discuss the rate when it comes due.

I wonder if it is just a flip of the coin if you get the guy that did not have coffee that morning, or had a fight with his wife? Sorry, I know better, but it is obvious that a person needs to shop around. A lot.

I have AON (name has changed now due to company buy-out), they insure my motorhome and Suburban through First Interstate. They do full-timer coverage as well. I also have emergency road service for an extra $50.00/month, have used it several times, quite satisfied with it as well. :rolleyes:

I have been a full-timer for over 5 years and have been using Thum Insurance out of Grand Rapids, MI. They do have policies for all insurance needs. The best thing about them is that each year you are accident free, they reduce your deductible by a percentage up to 5 years when you do not have to pay a deductible. They specifically are for full-timers. When I first became a full-timer I got many runarounds from insurance companies so you have to be very specific that you are a full-timer.

This company has been wonderful.

Denise

I too have GMAC for six years now and have never used it. So far as I can know, I'm satisfied. One thing that worries me though is how valid will it be whne GM falls into bankrupcy. Can anyone enlighten us to that scenario?

No fear! GM sold controlling interest over 2 yrs. ago in GMAC Financial. GMAC Insurance is a separate division and is not tied to GM now, at all, since the "bail out". GMAC Insurance is solid, was not bailed out, didn't need to be!

Hope this helps.