Sign in to follow this  
KenandJoan

Workhorse LCD Dash Display

Has anyone got information about buying a new LCD odometer/gearshift display on a Workhorse chassis? Mine is on a 2005 Coachmen Santara 3480DS and is faded so bad it is about illegible.

Thanks, Ken

Ken,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

With your coach Vin number call: Workhorse Chassis Assistance: With the shuffling of Workhorse recently I hope the number is still good.

1-877-294-6773.

There was a recall on some model year instrument clusters having issues. The only way to get them fixed is to return them or replace the entire unit the last I knew.

Rich.

My workhorse is a 2004 under a Rexhall. Mine was replaced 4 times before they quit having problems-- all at no cost by my local shop/non dealer. No problems since then about 2005.

This may be out of date since it is from a thread that is several years old.

"Call ACTIA, 574-266-2612 , talk to Customer Service explain what is wrong and have your chassis Vin # handy and they will check to see if its under warranty and issue you a RGA number which goes on form and box your returning display in.
You need this number or nothing will be accepted.
Mine was under general return because its not under Warranty you will bring up form and fill in information on form.
Some of the info will be on the back of your display unit you are returning."

If that doesn't help try http://actiaus.com/diagnostics/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=32&Itemid=28 and check the "contacts" on the left side.

The recall back in 2004 was for a communication issue bewteen the unit and the ABS system. If that hasn't been done and you return it they have been sending a reffurbished unit. That might get you a working unit.

If all else fails these guys http://www.bba-reman.com/us/Thanks-us.aspx repair them according to some posts on another forum

Thanks to those who replied to my question. Since posting the question, I emailed Actia and was told my unit is out of warranty but they would be happy to sell me one for $900, yes $900!! I will continue to investigate, using the info you have posted. Thanks again.

Ken