DougC

Pro-Con Of Installing Banks Performance Upgrade-- Ford V10

Looking for feedback on how well the Banks Engine Performance upgrade has performed? Ford E-450 6.8L Chassis class C MH.

What year? The biggest thing is the transmission control that helps to firm up the shift points so it doesn’t down shift to quickly from OD. I have been told that the Banks moods produce more benefit on the older V10s and not as much gain on the newer engines.

Bill

2014 Four Winds 31 L house on a 2013 E450 chassis.

I did purchase the Banks Stinger package (the Stinger excludes headers), and also purchased the OTTMIND engine calibration module which matches the fuel curve to airflow improvements by the Stinger upgrade. Between the two items I think I got about 70% of the performance benefit of the full PowerPack option. Both were installed by Banks in Azusa, CA.

We then took a 600 mile trip using highways and back roads, I did notice improved engine performance on uphill grades, in that there were fewer down shifts (seldom to 2nd gear, most down shifts were 4 to 3) along with staying in the higher gears and maintaining speed for a longer period of time and distance.

Substantial gas savings was not noticed.