The RVibrake2 system will work very well in the Jeep CJ7. It is design to be very versatile and comes with all equipment needed for a quick and easy installation. If a different stop bracket is needed for the unit the factory will supply it immediately. If you are at the Brooksville Fl SEA rally it will be demonstrated and available.

I've towed a Jeep Liberty for 3000 miles with one. I like the unit. The only thing I don't care for is that it doesn't show me much braking until I really stand on the brake in the motor home.

I used the first version for the last two years and about 8000 miles. Worked good and easy to setup and store. I just upgraded to version 2 but haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I expect it to be just as good or better. They are great people to work with.

We installed the RViBrake2 two weeks ago on a 2015 Chevy Equinox.

After 1000 miles towing we had to replace the two front tines which each had 3 inch square flat spots worn through the tread and all 4 disc brakes showing signs of over heating.

Any one having experienced this issue with the RViBrake2?

Heating the brakes can be caused by not having the brake pedal retracted all the way during setup. If the brakes locked up causing the flat spots you may not have bled the vacuum out of the brake system completely during setup or you have an active brake system and the unit was set for non-active. It would be best if you call the manufacture, they are great to work with.