erniee

Mirror- mirror

Yes, Bruce, the mirrors were adhered with construction adhesive. Some manufacturers use a foam sticky tape so if the walls flex, they won't crack.

The glass tile is made by Maniscalco from Australia and can't be found in the box stores

Anyone remove mirrors before and have any success in removing adhesive without damaging the walls? Our walls are real Cherry wood. My goal is to remove the mirrors and glue, lightly sand and re-stain the wall.

Anyone have any success stories, tips?

Joe, the mirror we have next the fridge has successfully separated from the wall.  The only thing holding it up now are the mounting screws top and bottom.  Looking between the mirror and cherry wood wall I see just double stick tape.  No glue (at least I don't see any).  Perhaps some carefully applied heat with your heat gun?  That may work if you aren't planning on re-using the mirror.  Or, if you can get some fine filament like fishing line between the mirror and wall then start working it down to separate the wall and mirror.

We had a pretty good water leak from our Nocold a few years ago. So I need to do the same as you and try to get the stain off the base of the wall so it looks as good as the floor that Ernie installed a year ago.

Blake

Joe.

Black rubber hammer, a towel to catch shards and a couple of good hits should do the trick! :P Linda's idea, not mine!!!

You could take the frame off the mirror, remove the glass, then the backing.  

Carl, its beveled mirrors no frame, Blake no mounting screws, I'm guessing glue blobs like the mirrored back splash was, the wire trick to loosen it might be a shot. I remember Herman mentioned covering it with tape first to keep it intact. I don't want this mirror and its headed to the trash can once its removed, there are two sections to the left of the photo behind the dinette booth. The ones on the galley side have to stay, they are screwed on and hide the shower access and the slide passes them.

Interior.JPG

Pulled my mirrors out :) wall cleaned up good! I used a heat gun warmed up the glue and scrapped it right off, the cleaned up the remaining with Brake cleaner :ph34r:.

Trim is off the side of the refrigerator in case anyone was wondering why it looks off. Some finial touchup with stain and we should be good!

DW comes in....can you put metal behind the wall so we can put campground maps on that wall with a magnet? YUP put metal behind it :wacko:. Surprisingly it works through that wood with earth magnets. Not well but good enough to hold paper.

IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

Joe the wall cleaned up nicely. 

A number of years ago in Motor Home Mag. they posed a question to the ladies, "what would you do if you were designing the interior of a MH". On ladies said she would remove all the mirrors. She knew what she looked like and it didn't make the inside any larger.

Your kitchen looks just like ours except we have a table rather then the booth and there is a shelf running the length of the Passengers side. I use the mirror to see the news (in reverse) when we are eating.

Our fridge is covered with Grand Kids pictures.

Herman   

Herman, I put the booth in, it was a buffet with table that pulled out and two chairs. This floor plan also had the counter that ran to the front of the coach, oddly it wasn't there when we bought it, and there is no evidence it was ever present. This coach was a special order, and the build sheet has a power J-lounge in the specs, that was also missing :( larger holding tanks, heated tile floors and the ceiling medallion is missing, no sign of that either....makes you wonder :ph34r:

My wife hates those mirrors, the only ones that remain are the bedroom closet doors and the one that covers the access to the back of the shower next to the kitchen slide. I see a picture on the wall in the future in the kitchen area :D

My guess is I will be removing the closet doors, making my own in wood and hanging them :wacko:

Joe the one mirror on the bathroom sliding door was too much for me. When we first got the coach I was getting ready for a shower and stepped over to close the door, I had only closed it from the kitchen side before then. As I closed it, I jumped back as I got the scare of my like. There stood a naked man that was really out of shape, ME.:wub: Not a pretty site. :wacko:

:D:D

Herman

13 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe the one mirror on the bathroom sliding door was too much for me. When we first got the coach I was getting ready for a shower and stepped over to close the door, I had only closed it from the kitchen side before then. As I closed it, I jumped back as I got the scare of my like. There stood a naked man that was really out of shape, ME.:wub: Not a pretty site. :wacko:

:D:D

Herman

:lol:

Just so you know, we also used the mirrors on the side of the refrigerator to watch the TV backwards while sitting at the table. DW's favorite spot, just wait for it....."hey I cant watch tv from this spot now" :lol:

Herman, the mirror lied. One day doing something in the back yard I stood up and took a deep breath. My son said, "Dad, you're out of shape!"

I had to remind him that ROUND is a shape.

Don't worry about those mirrors.

That should make DW happy!  Until she realizes that the mirror was kind of nice, or she comes with another oval mirror...wait for it Joe, something is coming! :wacko::lol:

9 hours ago, manholt said:

That should make DW happy!  Until she realizes that the mirror was kind of nice, or she comes with another oval mirror...wait for it Joe, something is coming! :wacko::lol:

Oh...I'm sure you are right :rolleyes: