Sign in to follow this  
rywren

Extended Warranty

I have read the comments on ACC warranty..will not consider but does anyone have information on a good extended warranty company to purchase-- looking at Wholesale Warranties (saw at the Quartzsite RV show)

Any info appreciated-- 2008 Alpine

Thanks

I purchased a 2002 Pace Arrow three years ago from Camping World and at the time purchased a 4yr/48,000 extended warranty thru them. Absolutely no problems wth it at all, regardless of who does the work. I believe it is now the same as GoodSam as they have merged.

I purchased a Corner Stone United extended warranty through Lazy Days when I bought my coach. I have a warranty claim due to a seal leak in the front leveling cylinder. The rod was scored so the whole cylinder had to be replaced. Why not just replace the rod is beyond me. Corner Stone is replacing the cylinder minus my $500 deductible and I have to pay the inbound freight, but considering what a new cylinder would cost I am happy. Just an FYI...

I have XtraRide and they been good to me so far as I used them twice and they paid. My coach is going in to Camping World of Burlington, WA Tuesday for same reason as Jack except mine has $200 deductible and freight. They may cover the road service to get the gear up if I submit it as part of the claim. If not I have Good Sam roadside assistance to send it to. Would of been there last Tuesday but I refused to drive it in the rain after cleaning it up. :lol:

I had ACC warranty, I bought it last year and then got rid of my motorhome in November. I cancelled my policy in November and was told I would get a refund check for the balance not used in 30 days from cancellation. I have called and asked repeatedly about where my check was and was told several times it would be sent soon. Until today I was told I was not getting a refund because I cancelled it before the 12 month payment period was over. I only used the policy for 9 months, never had a claim of any kind. I made a down payment when I bought it and the rest was supposed to be paid at 200.00 a month. I made all payments until I cancelled the policy and if I had kept the policy there would have been 2 payments left. The policy was 2940.00 for 24 months and I cancelled after 9 months paying all but 400 of the original cost. Now the owner of the company tells me I will not get any refund at all because I did not keep it till all payments were made. I would not recommend this company to anyone just based on this experience of mine. If they find any way to not give a refund for a cancelled policy then I can only assume what it would be like for a large claim for service to be paid.

I had ACC warranty, I bought it last year and then got rid of my motorhome in November. I cancelled my policy in November and was told I would get a refund check for the balance not used in 30 days from cancellation. I have called and asked repeatedly about where my check was and was told several times it would be sent soon. Until today I was told I was not getting a refund because I cancelled it before the 12 month payment period was over.

I saw this same post on another forum also and I have also been looking at their program too, so my question to you is: IF you didn't pay the payments, why would you expect anything different? The payment plan on the website looks pretty simple to me.......Acc Contract

I am also looking for input on the best policy for an older bus conversion and appreciate the education here.

JR

I had ACC warranty, I bought it last year and then got rid of my motorhome in November. I cancelled my policy in November and was told I would get a refund check for the balance not used in 30 days from cancellation. I have called and asked repeatedly about where my check was and was told several times it would be sent soon. Until today I was told I was not getting a refund because I cancelled it before the 12 month payment period was over. I only used the policy for 9 months, never had a claim of any kind. I made a down payment when I bought it and the rest was supposed to be paid at 200.00 a month. I made all payments until I cancelled the policy and if I had kept the policy there would have been 2 payments left. The policy was 2940.00 for 24 months and I cancelled after 9 months paying all but 400 of the original cost. Now the owner of the company tells me I will not get any refund at all because I did not keep it till all payments were made. I would not recommend this company to anyone just based on this experience of mine. If they find any way to not give a refund for a cancelled policy then I can only assume what it would be like for a large claim for service to be paid.

By not making all the payments you broke the contract. Just as you expected them to pay for repairs under the contract they have a right to expect you to make all the payments under the contract. You didn't keep your end of the bargain.

You are right Deenad!

I just had a tenant in one of our rental houses skip out on their lease 3 months early - and now they are demanding that we return their security deposit when they still owe us rent.

Our answer was sure - lets go to court!

In December of 2013 I purchased the 3 year extended warranty Protrek policy through Wholesale Warranties after researching and getting quotes from several extended warranty companies. I had my first claim in January of this year and my experience with them went very well. I highly recommend Wholesale Warranties.