DWAYNECHERAMIE

RV Flex Armor Roof

I first saw this product in 2011 on an RV at the Perry, GA rally. It was on an older class A Gas. It looked like it was on there more than a year and looked nice. I happened to be walking by the unit. The roof system caught my attention, so I tracked down the owner at the rally.

I am going to Perry GA in March. I intend to look up this RV again to see how it is 3 years later. The person that owns the unit belongs to the Singles Group for FMCA (Group that has the Yellow Flags). I am also following another unit that had this roof system put on last year and resides about 100 miles from my area. I know what the roof looked like before it went to this vendor for repairs. Saw the unit last fall after system had been on a year. Again it was an eye catcher. I generally like to follow roof systems after I see how they do at least five years after the refurbishing. When I am at large rallies I walk about and see what others have done. I also have been following other roof reinstalls and roof repairs systems for a bit now.

If my coach and I are still together in 2015, I looking to what I need to do as the roof will be 16 years old that point. What I like about this product is how it rolls over the side of a roof system without loosing its thickness and structure and also covers part of the front and end caps which are prone to cracking from frontal or rear hits which you can see while on top of the roof if there is an issue.

My unit will need some under the old epdm roof checking to see if repairs are needed so I am looking for someone who can do both the repairs and refurbishing the top. I am also looking for some one takes everything off the roof including the AC units before repairs are done. I am looking how the unit feels on a hot day and if has been up north for the winters how it is weathering. I look for any lifting in a system.

These are reasons that will have me continue to follow a vendor's roof system. I also looking at vendors who replace the whole roof with new roofing material but take the old roofing material completely off and do what ever repairs are needed and remove all the items on the roof. I am in no hurry as I have been maintaining my roof system at least twice a year and have not had any leaks for seven years. My roof system is strong and not spongy and is stored inside during the winter these days so there is no hurry for me. I also have been following several roll on roofing systems and watching how they do over time and what is needed for follow up work over time and what are those costs.

I should note I have an alpha roof system so care is needed what product and method you use. I have been putting monies in my tin cup to be ready when the time come to make a final decision.

As with anything it pays to do your homework before jumping into a decision especially with something like an rv roof. You want the best investment for your wallet, demonstration of performance in weather, length of time your decision lasts before more work is needed, what does it bring to a resale value, and if you do not do it yourself how well does the installer follow up if you have issues down the road

Hope this info help. Safe travels. Toni C

Will do. You can also feel free which I do frequently is contact the vendor and see if there are folks in your area that have used the product so that you may be able to contact as a reference to include the possibly to go look at directly. The rvroof folks put this article on their blog Friday which I just found today. It might worth the time to review.

Safe travels

Toni C

I had them do my roof last month and they did a great job. The roof look great and I had them paint the edges to contrast my coach paint. If you are in the Bradenton/Sarasota/Tampa area will gladly show you. I will also be at the Daytona 500 and Sebring races.

Doug B

Made the trip up a ladder for a coach done 3 years ago while at FMCA on the last day of the rally. Owner originally had center of roof done and not the roll over the sides. They brought back later and had that done. Roof is holding up well. Vendor did well matching what was on there originally to do the roll over to the sides. I also looked how far down the product was applied on the front and rear cap as I have a hairline crack Interested in seeing that it will take care of that rather than take it to a boat shop. It was interesting how this vendor sprayed over the top of the roof vents for the black and gray water system so all you have to worry about is replacing a cap. What is on the vendors demo trailer they take around to show matches up with what you see on the roof.

We had RV Roof Armor put on our 2009 Cyclone Toy Hauler and have a field of bubbles on the roof. Been 7 months trying to get the company to do something about it. President of company came and another associate with both saying it could be fixed. But as of today, still haven't had anything done by this company. We would NOT recommend this to be done to your RV roof!!!

What type of material is the toy hauler made of. It will be interesting to know what type of material it failed on.

We normally do not respond to posts by members because we feel these are for rvers to talk freely amongst themselves.

David and I are the owners of RV FlexArmor TM. We ARE NOT RV Armor. This company is not the same product as us and is not associated with us in any way. They do a rolled on polymer similar to liquid rubber roof. They are able to do it in your driveway or campground.

RVRoof.com, David's Permanent Coatings, Inc and RV FlexArmor tm are owned by David Adair and is located in Green Cove Springs, FL. We have been in business since 2005 serving the RV community. We have no complaints about our roof system. We believe in being ethical business people and have always provided professional work to all our customers.

The company you are referring to started Febuary 2013. Once again, they ARE NOT us. We have a sprayed pure polyurea system we designed for RVs and have been doing roofs for almost a decade. If you had your roof done by us, you had to come to our location in Green Cove Springs.

Our website is http://rvroof.com/.

We can provide references from FMCA members going back years, before we even joined the FMCA. Please do not confuse us with other companies, we believe in 100% customer satisfaction and have maintained that for all these years.

We are not a polymer.

Please note that RV Roof Armor is not the same as RV Flex Armor. Do not know about RV Flex Amor.

These are two separate companies. RV Roof Armor is in the Bradenton, Florida area. Not bashing RV Flex Armor. Due to the name, the companies could be confused. Apologies to RV Flex Armor but Flex was not used in the posting.

Was not pointing a finger at RV Flex Armor but note in the posting that you were not being referred to.

Made the trip to Green Cove Springs FL Thanksgiving week to have the RV Flex Armor Roof system (rvroof.com) placed on my 98 FLTW Discovery which has an alpha rubber roof system. Had the old satellite dish removed and sprayed over the large shower skylight which was still in fine shape. Very happy with both these choices.

It was also good to find out the roof substructure was in great shape. David was very good at figuring a way to fix a crack from a wack by a tree branch on the top frontal portion the front fiberglass cap of the coach so it blended in with the roof system. Very happy with the out come of the project and the attention to detail by the staff who worked on the coach. Time was well spent reviewing several roofing systems. Drive from MD was worth the trip. As they say we finally got er done.

Made the trip to Green Cove Springs FL Thanksgiving week to have the RV Flex Armor Roof system (rvroof.com) placed on my 98 FLTW Discovery which has an alpha rubber roof system. Had the old satellite dish removed and sprayed over the large shower skylight which was still in fine shape. Very happy with both these choices.

It was also good to find out the roof substructure was in great shape. David was very good at figuring a way to fix a crack from a wack by a tree branch on the top frontal portion the front fiberglass cap of the coach so it blended in with the roof system. Very happy with the out come of the project and the attention to detail by the staff who worked on the coach. Time was well spent reviewing several roofing systems. Drive from MD was worth the trip. As they say we finally got er done.

Tcalzone,

What do you think of your roof system now?

On 4/7/2015 at 10:55 PM, ivycole said:

Tcalzone,

What do you think of your roof system now?

RV- Armor.....I think their product is good. The only thing you need to be concerned about is how hot it is. I had it done last August. They returned two times because the product has run, like paint runs. They never would say what was wrong that caused it. They have accused me of having nothing else to do with my time but complain. I paid $3,800 to get a professional job. The first time he returned, the installer told me as he was leaving, he was only sent out because of something I did. Which was; He accidently sealed the solar wires to the roof. My installer had to pull the wires up to reinstall my solar panel. My complaint of seeing the runs along the side of the roof, he said he put another coat on.  I called the salesman and asked to speak to the owner, he told me he was the owner. He wasn't about to help, that owner was happy. I messaged the other owner here and he was excellent. saying quality work was very important to his business.  He sent the same installer back out.  The install said that he was trained on a new technic, he called it cupping or something like that. I told the owner in a message I still have product run. He said I must not have anything better to do with my time.  I'm guessing it was installed on too hot of a day.  The message from the owner here is totally insulting. He actually doesn't believe me. I strongly recommend not paying until you are satisfied. When the sales owner called to get his money, we talk, he assured me they would make it right. I said well I don't think you would try to rip me off so I paid the $3,300 balance.  The owner on this forum personal messages said they have pictures to prove their quality of work.  So do I! The responses to me are insulting. Be happy to share if interested. I don't know what to do. I have tried to reason with him but no go. I think its a two person job on an 110-degree hot day. The installer said he would have to share the money if he had another installer. He sounds like he is a subcontractor.  I think their product is good.  I think the owner here is an insulting ***.  He said he will sue me and they have the lawyers to do it.   I have tried to talk with him but when he thinks he is right he will try to intimidate.

here is the last message from Lee:

Unfortunately Randy, it appears you have nothing else going on in your life. RV Armor has given you a beautiful roof. We have been out there several times for nonsense. We have lots of pictures, and have well documented this job. It has been and will continue to be leak free and guaranteed for life. We will defend ourselves because your attacks are just plain wrong. Who does this?  If you continue these deliberate, slanderous attacks, we will turn this over to our legal counsel who will aggressively defend our good name. Please note, that we are in no way threatening you, however, this is totally wrong. If you ever have a warranty issue, we are happy to help. Please, go enjoy your life and the RV lifestyle. You have a beautiful, leak free roof.

I don't know about RV flex.  I think RV-Armor product is a quality product.  The product runs, the brush marks, my RV maintenance owner asking me if I painted the roof makes me feel like an idiot and their customer service to me was insulting by RV-Armor. I made the mistake of giving them the money before I was happy with their workmanship. My way of handling, solving this mess sucks, you can't be nice I guess.   Ask the owner he clearly sees it differently.  Patches appear to be just that obvious patches.  For some reason, the owner believes the installer and the photos he has. 100% no photos of his product runs  I have concluded that to make it right they would lose money. I think they would have to sand the product runs and redo.  It's a lot easier to call the customers concerns with their business, nothing else going on in your life.   Let's face it, the installer would have to come back and fix it.  I was hoping the owner would look at it when he in California.  What do you think? any ideas?

As you said, it's a quality product.  OK, it ran.  Perhaps you know more than the installer knows.  Live with it, or have your concerns taken care of by someone else.  Surly they must have more than one installer!  I would have my roof checked for leaks next year, and every 2 years after...it's Polymer  (Goggle it)!

This post originally, until you posted, had to do with RV Flex Armor TM.  Nothing or nobody else! 

It would also help if you post what kind of coach you have and year. 

3 hours ago, Manholt said:

As you said, it's a quality product.  OK, it ran.  Perhaps you know more than the installer knows.  Live with it, or have your concerns taken care of by someone else.  Surly they must have more than one installer!  I would have my roof checked for leaks next year, and every 2 years after...it's Polymer  (Goggle it)!

This post originally, until you posted, had to do with RV Flex Armor TM.  Nothing or nobody else! 

It would also help if you post what kind of coach you have and year. 

'OK, it ran.  Perhaps you know more than the installer knows'  

I said they have not explained why there are runs on the sides of the roof even have brush marks now.   I can only assume.    I sure don't think I know more than the installer. I have a disability and not able to go on the roof.  

'Live with it, or have your concerns taken care of by someone else.  Surely they must have more than one installer!'

i asked the RV-Armor for a different installer.  He said No and sent the same guy out. He said it would be fine even after stating my concerns.  Again, being an Accountant, I assume they are a 1099 subcontractor.  

'This post originally, until you posted, had to do with RV Flex Armor TM.  Nothing or nobody else!'  

I apologize for wrecking your world here.  I wish I would have checked with you first.  I was responding to this:   What do you think of your roof system now?  

'It would also help if you post what kind of coach you have and year.'    

99 Fleetwood discovery 34q

thank you, manholt for taking your time to help me out 

I can't go on the roof either..it's in my case, called "old", things don't move as it used too!  You did not wreck my world.  Never assume anything, about anybody! 

Who recommended the Company?  Did you call Fleetwood Tech Dept. to see if it was a good product for your coach?  BBB?  Your an Accountant, think like a Bank.  Never pay upfront, when the job is finished, you have it inspected by a professional inspector....then if it's all OK, you pay!  No reputable Co. would have a problem with that ! :D

How to remove the visible patches?  I have no clue.  Call Fleetwood or take coach to a dealer.  In the meantime, I suggest you use the internet to learn as much as you can about the material that was used.

Carl

Cannot speak to RV-Armor never seen the product installed, looks like paint from their website, very thin. RV Flex Armor I did see installed and looked at a finished product, it was very thick and impressive, actually considered having it done on the last coach.

The part that is frustrating (to me), when you search the web they both pop up and a consumer could pick the wrong one easily.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Perhaps I just need some clarification, who is "my RV maintenance owner"?

In the end what is really the concern, brush marks on the sides?

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Cannot speak to RV-Armor never seen the product installed, looks like paint from their website, very thin. RV Flex Armor I did see installed and looked at a finished product, it was very thick and impressive, actually considered having it done on the last coach.

The part that is frustrating (to me), when you search the web they both pop up and a consumer could pick the wrong one easily.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Perhaps I just need some clarification, who is "my RV maintenance owner"?

In the end what is really the concern, brush marks on the sides?

The RV maintenance owner:  the changes my oil and repaired my icemaker, Lodi RV Center.  He looked at the roof and said what did you do paint the roof?  

The dried paint runs.  I am totally shocked by RV-Armors response   My intent was to improve the looks of the roof first, the sealing for leaks was secondary.    Thanks for responding jleamont.  

Randy, I get it now. You were trying to make the roof look better, was it turning black from the membrane aging?

Some products out there have great reviews and others do not. I was looking into the RV Flex Armor since our old coach had a rubber roof and it was chalky, when it was replaced 7 years prior the job wasn't done right and it was loose in spots. I figured that thick plastic shell from Flex Armor would be a once and done kind of repair and I could forget about it. Got rid of the coach before we actually went through with it. If the runs are only on the top surface I wouldn't worry about it, the Dicor lap sealant doesn't look nice either but it works great and in the end that is all I was ever concerned with. Just me but......its the roof, if I cant see it from the ground and its not leaking I am happy.

When you said brush marks I thought it ran down the outside wall. Then I would be very upset if they didn't clean it up.

Thank You, both of your comments are helpful and confirming.  I actually fill better getting it out of my mind.  I will move on and file a complaint.    I'm looking at 2014 jeep wrangler to tow. So I will read read read.

Best Regards,

randywy

just logged on and seen it has been almost two years since i posted about my install using rvroof.com aka rv flex armor in Nov 2014.  i saw your post question.  Been very happy. my worries about being installed on the older fleetwood alpha roof system are mute.  the system is holding up very nicely . my approach to the roof these days is from a step ladder. when i want to wash it i wait for impending rain storm. spray it down with dawn dish soap let it sit.  brush areas that have stains. rinse lightly and let the pending rain storm take care of the rest.  i have noticed it does not take as much to heat or cool the coach.  spraying over the skylight and the rolled edge section and end caps that had hardly in any insulation was a positive factor.  so this system made a big difference having sealed those areas. i also do not get that running condensation hardly on the windshield.  when the heat is running.    no more white streaks from the roof.  it has been hit with hail.  it is a relief that i do not have to worry about  getting on my 98 Discovery doing that annual caulking and not having to coat the roof every three years.  For me it was money well spent. doing annual inspections from a step ladder is fine by me.   i still get asked by folks that see it to have a closer look.  safe travels