rpharr

Flagstaff Az, Grand Canyon

Question

9 answers to this question

Hot. Sometimes very warm. Flagstaff will be cooler (80's?) and the Canyon hotter. Just plan of having plenty of water for any outdoor activity seek as much shade as possible.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/USAZ0088

In Flagstaff I would stay at Black Bart's and plan on having dinner there as well. Excellent place with great food and excellent entertainment.

What part of the Grand Canyon do you plan to visit and how long do you plan to stay?

Thanks Bill, Probably stay 4-5 days. I checked out Black Barts web site, looks good. Thanks again!!

Hot. Sometimes very warm. Flagstaff will be cooler (80's?) and the Canyon hotter. Just plan of having plenty of water for any outdoor activity seek as much shade as possible.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/USAZ0088

In Flagstaff I would stay at Black Bart's and plan on having dinner there as well. Excellent place with great food and excellent entertainment.

What part of the Grand Canyon do you plan to visit and how long do you plan to stay?

rpharr,

Welcome to the Forum.

As Bill said "HOT". If you are in the South West in July expect the weather to be hot and dry.

Unlike the mountain of Colorado and Wyoming where if you are hot just step into the shade to cool off, in the S/W it seems that when hot and you step into the shade it gets hotter.

Just a Texans thoughts. Have lots of water

Herman

rpharr,

If you go the the Grand Canyon consider staying at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park. It is in Williams, AZ. Old route 66 goes thru the center of William. You can walk two blocks from the RV park to a grocery store etc. There is entertainment downtown William each evening as they advertise "someone gets shot each night in Williams". The campground is new and very nice.

Good travels!

Average July high temp in Flagstaff is 81 and in the south rim of the Grand Canyon it's 86. I wouldn't consider that hot but it depends on what you are used to. HOT would be in the low desert like Parker, Lake Havasu or Bullhead City where July will be 110+. Flagstaff is where we go to cool off in the summer.

Here's a review from someone who has been there multiple times! This is a great park and the Prime Rib at the restaurant is delicious. The local college kids from the Drama or choir depts. are your servers and things stop from time to time while they perform broadway hits. It's an excellent experience. We were in the park when the TV show "RV Today" stopped by and did our interview. If you are going, don't pass this by.

I will clarify that this is not an RV Resort. It's an older well used campground. If dirt offends you I would suggest you go elsewhere.

Thanks, Bill. Dirt never bothers me- I'm older than dirt and dirt never hurts. I guess almost every negative review on RV Parks was regarding the 24 hour train noise...now that does bother me.

If timing is right we will check it out. Thanks again. There is nothing like first hand experience.

The first time I ever stayed in Flagstaff it was in a hotel and I can tell you that the train noise was much louder there than at this RV park. Flagstaff, seems like all of Flagstaff, has a lot of train traffic. While I suppose some are more effected by outside noise, I truly don't remember losing a moments sleep at this park. It's a very convenient location if you are passing through or if you want to tour the area (don't miss the Lowell Observeratory) . The prime rib dinner is just an excellent side benefit.