Sign in to follow this  
JohnJill

Camp Gulf Destin Fla

Question

3 answers to this question

Did not stay there, but we have property forty miles away. My wife and I did visit the park two years ago, and found it to be a very pretty and well maintained park. Lots of amenities and plenty of activity, and children were having a ball.

July 4, is a pretty big weekend in Destin, and normally very hot, we go to the mountains for that weekend, and it's hot there also, but lots more shade. Enjoy your stay, lots of good restaurants are close by, and outlet mall is just blocks away.

Be sure to thoroughly wash your coach and toad, especially the underside, soon after leaving , as the salt in the air, is murder on the vehicles in this area.

Happy travels,

Kay

I stayed there 3 years in a row during July 4th week. Twice we were on the beach and once more inland. It is a busy time. Get to the beach early and claim your spot if you plan on staying on the beach. They allow canopy's / tops etc but you have to take them down each day. Everyone was very friendly when we were there. One time they brought an alligator in for an exhibit that I took my children to. Its a good place but like the response above, it is hot.

Love this place!

We camped in one of the Beach Front sites and it would be hard to stay anywhere else. Yes, we had a pile of sand in the RV when we left but the view from inside is unsurpassed and being just a couple of steps from the RV while on the beach is just too cool for school!

When the wind blows you must ensure your coach is closed up tightly as it all comes in but 6-7 months later I am pretty sure we were able to declare our RV sand free.

Can't wait to be able to visit again.

We will want the same site!