Sign in to follow this  
rbigwheels

Compact Compressor

I own a 1997 Safari Motorhome, that does not have an air system. I have been looking for a Small Compact Portable Compressor, that I can carry to air up the tires when necessary. I carry 105psi in the front tires & 100psi in the rear tires. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Many years ago I bought a small Sears tankless 120 volt compressor that goes to 130 pounds with an accurate guage on it, that is pretty fast in airing my tires to 100 psi when they are down 5 or 10 psi. It was $50.00 at the time. I use it on 17 tires about once a month. I think it is going to outlive me. I have purchased and tossed in the garbage just about all the 12 volt compressors offered and would never consider purchasing another one for 100 PSI use. They are for toys.

Bill Forrest

Porter Cable makes a nice 4 Gallon pancake compressor which will go to 165 PSI, It cycles at 130PSI which is important when trying to inflate tires over 100 PSI!

This topic has been addressed a number of times in the past. There are a lot of compressors that will fill your requirements. At the top right of the FMCA Forum page (this page) do a search for COMPRESSOR and I promise you will find more suggestions than you will ever want to know.

Using the "search" box at the top right of this page, you need to enter "compressor" and THEN click on "this topic" and change it to "Forums". That will search for any compressor post on the forums.

I have had the Sears ac powered compressor for over 10 years and it still runs, but it's not available at Sears. I did see the same compressor, different maker but exactly the same at, of all places, Biglots. So look around some Biglots store in the auto section.

Goodluck

Also have a 97 Safari Serengeti & I carry one of those Sears Air Compressors that will air tires up to 125psi, my tires carry 105psi.