leereed

Pennsylvania RV Park Suggestions

We are traveling to Pennsylvania in a Class A 40' diesel with Jeep towable to visit the grand kids in late April. We are trying to find a park/campground to stay at for 6 weeks. We are interested in a quadrant area between Hagerstown MD, Chambersburg PA, Harrisburg PA, and Gettysburg PA. I've researched Good Sam, KOA, RV Park Reviews, All Stays, etc for our choices. It seems the Eastern US likes shorter stays at any specific location.

We just started full-timing in Sept 2013. We haven't boondocked yet except for a Walmart parking lot once. A paved site would be great but not necessary. But 50 amp service and water ARE necessary, and having a sewer hookup would be a PLUS! All this 'convenience' stated, we are ok with State or Federal campgrounds if they are by suggestion.

Does anyone have suggestions for nice parks in the stated area?

leered,

I have stayed at several campgrounds in that area.

In Lancaster, Pa either Old Mill Stream or Country Acres are decent.

In Gettysburg, try Drummer Boy camping resort.

If you are in the Hershey area the High Meadow Campground and Elizabethtown KOA are satisfactory.

However giving the time of year, and after this harsh winter, I would call to see if and when they will be opening.

Usually its after April 1st.

mikie

I am trying to find a place as close to Philadelphia, the closest park I have found is in NJ but everything I have does not show anything around the city.

Montie

If you want to get to Philadelphia, Chester County offers relatively easy access to Center City (Philadelphia) via train or car. If you are anywhere in NJ, expect to pay heavy tolls to get out.

Artillery Ridge

In Gettysburg is a nice place with lots of things to do in the area

Country Acres in Lancaster

Is a nice well kept camp ground right in the hart of Amish country