chasnval

Upgrade / Customize Your Motorhome

Greetings!

This post is to discuss the wonderful experience we had customizing our coach with Millennium Luxury Coaches in Sanford, Florida.

My husband and I were spontaneous and recently purchased a 40-foot, Class A motor home. It's a 2006 Travel Supreme that was a bank "repo" so it is basically brand new. We've never been camping, much less RV'ing, but we have jumped in with two feet and are very excited about our new and upcoming adventures.

After we bought our lovely RV we realized there are many amenities on the newer and more expensive coaches that ours was lacking. Accidentally we found Millennium Luxury Coaches! This company builds the Prevost coaches, and they are absolutely beautiful! Even though our coach is a much lower level coach than the coaches they build and sell, they treated us as if our coach was just as "special" as theirs. The courtesy and respect with which they treated us was the decision factor for us to move forward and have our coach "customized".

As we met their staff and team of "specialty craftsmen" it became quickly apparent that our "accident" of finding this company was "meant to be". We talked to their designers about the ideas we had for upgrading our coach and they shared their opinions and thoughts with us. Our goal (on a limited budget) was to upgrade the features of our coach for our enjoyment, and to get the "best bang for the buck" down the road when we are ready to sell it or trade it for a larger one.

The quality of work they did for us is absolutely fantastic and first-class. The changes they made for us included:

- Replacing the 3 tube TVs with LCD flat-screen TVs. They gave us a significantly greater amount of storage space by building slide-out drawers behind the new flat panel TVs. They also programmed a universal remote control that is certainly smarter than we are when it comes to all of the AV components!

- Replacing the out-dated wallpaper border in the bathroom areas with a beautiful glass tile backsplash, including a decorative listello tile border. Their designer recommended the tile colors and design, and this upgrade makes a huge difference in the coach!

- Design, creation, and installation of a custom, mirrored and lighted headliner for the salon area. This addition really "jazzed up" the main area and gives it a larger appearance with the mirror and wonderful night-time ambiance with the rope lighting.

- Installation of a state-of-the-art in-dash GPS system with DVD and stereo system.

- Recommendation for and installation of the Smartire tire pressure monitoring system. We are very excited to have this addition to the coach since we have read that most issues and accidents are caused by under or over-inflated tire pressure.

In addition to all of the customization work they did for us, they performed a complete walk-through and inspection of our coach and did minor repairs such as silicone calking, securing loose bay door handles, replacing loose gaskets and weather stripping and an engine service. All of the work they did was on-time and on-budget! Our Service Coordinator, Eddie, kept us updated of the changes and spent time with us explaining what was being done at each stage of the project.

We are thrilled with the work Millennium Luxury Coaches did for us! We are excited to begin our travels now and we are confident our coach is ready to hit the road.

If you are planning to make any upgrades to your coach we highly recommend Millennium. It is certainly worth your time to check them out and get estimates from them! They can do anything you need. Their number is: 877.322.0190.

If you would like to see any before/after photos of the work they did for us, please feel free to let us know and we will gladly share them.

Hi there... Apologies for taking so long to get the photos organized and ready to share. Below is a link to my "before and after" photos on the Kodak Gallery. If you are not able to view them, please send me an email and I will send you a direct link. Enjoy!

Photos on Kodak Gallery

Nice upgrades all. I'm really impressed with the concept and execution of the slide out TV storage areas.

Thank you for sharing your experience with having your RV upgraded. My husband an I are also new to RVing and purchased a used 40" RV a couple of years ago and are finding that there are things that need to be replaced and/or upgraded as well. I am especially interested in seeing how the tube TV's were replaced with the flat screens. I'm trying to visualize the slide outs behind the TV and would like to see photos of this if you wouldn't mind.

There has been a leak in the livingroom slide and the carpet behind the couch is black with mold. We pulled the couch out and I've cleaned it as best I can but it still needs replacing.

We are trying to do a lot of these repairs and upgrades ourselves due to financial restraints (loss of my job this year) so any helpful tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Hi there... Apologies for taking so long to get the photos organized and ready to share. Below is a link to my "before and after" photos on the Kodak Gallery. If you are not able to view them, please send me an email and I will send you a direct link. Enjoy!

Photos on Kodak Gallery

I really like what you have done to update your coach. We are looking for the same enthusiasm for a company located anywhere in the northwest as we would like to 'update' our 2002 Beaver with new carpeting, flooring, couch, seats, tvs etc. If anyone can recommend a company as Valerie has done for the southeast travelers...we would be very grateful.

\

From Victoria BC