ptjeff04

Glacier NP

Question

Ok, so I am getting this trip finalized out West and the help has been awesome.

New post: I will be staying just a few days in Glacier.

Any suggestions for best views East versus West and any recommendations for campgrounds. I saw there are a few in the vicinity and would like to take advantage of location.

We will be arriving from Cody WY via Florida and leaving Glacier and heading South to Grizzly in West Yellowstone.

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

We like west side the best. Greener, more trees, prettier, closer to the big flat head lake which is a must see. We stay at San-Su-Ed. A park that has been family owned by the same family since the 60's. But updated, nice, clean friendly, night time fire pit at the office. Really nice friendly, close to the entrance gate. Not a resort but our favorite. Richard

We stayed at both the West Glacier KOA and East Glacier KOA. Much preferred the west side and the campground, while pricey, is very nice with a convenient location to the park. The Red Bus Tour is phenomenal!

We'll be heading to Glacier NP next summer.

I was wondering if Hwy 2 from Spokane, WA to Columbia Falls, MT is suitable for a 40' motorhome with a toad?

Or do I need to head East on I-90 to St. Regis and come in from the South on 135-200-382-28.

Looks like those are my choices.

Is there another way?