Sign in to follow this  
dragondana

Furniture Delaminating

I have a 2008 class A Presidio. I just started RVing in May.

My 2 front chairs are loosing their leather skin also happening to my sofa. They didn't seem to have problems when I bought MH.

Am I doing something to cause the problem? I plan to replace or reupholster but don't want the same problem reoccurring.

Any suggestions to this newbie would sure be appreciated. Also suggestions where to buy inexpensive replacements or get the reupholster.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dragondana

I believe you RV was made by Thor. I have a Four Winds Class C made by Thor, purchased new in 2009. Before the end of the first year, I noticed my drivers seat starting to peel. I was fortunate enough to catch it under warranty, so they replaced them. I had later read several complaints on other RV sites about other coaches made by Thor that were having the same problem that you are having. If you google "peeling leather seats in motorhomes" you can see some of the post.

Have the same problem with my 2008 Challenger by Damon, another Thor product. Called Thor, they sent me replacement covers for the driver and passenger seats but will not do anything for the couch. Installation of the new material is at my expense. Have talked to other owners with the same problem and some furniture dealers at RV shows, they say Thor provided the original material to the furniture mfg. and there are many problems.