Sign in to follow this  
PKSCHAF

Arizona Campgrounds

My wife and I are starting to full time it this fall and would like to know what are some campgrounds to stay at during the winter months.

We are trying to gather as much information as possible to help us on our travels.

Thank you.

Check out the "Islander RV Resort" in Lake Havasu City. It is right on the shore of the lake and has a very active snowbird community within the resort itself. If that isn't enough to keep you busy, there are lots of community activities throughout the city. Or, just relax and enjoy the beauty of the lake and surrounding area.

Thanks for the information everyone. We will be sure to check these out.. Bill we have no certain area that we know of, this will be our first winter being spent in our coach. My wife Peggy is disabled and wants to see as much as we can in the next few years.

Try Happy Trails RV Resort in Surprise, AZ about 15 miles northwest of Phoenix. 2000 sites an all the amenities you would want. All lot are privately owned. Now is the time to reserve for next winter.

If you are sightseeing in AZ then you are going to want to visit very different parts of AZ than you would if you are just looking to park somewhere and soak up the sun. Some details about what you are looking for would help get you some more usable information.

I fell in love with Distant Drums, near Campo Verde. Only a half-hour from Sedona, it is an immaculate place with friendly volunteer staff. It had that unmistakable adult summer camp atmosphere that all the good ones possess.

There is a unique aspect to the successful ones you can almost smell, as a newcomer. People are out, on the street. Lots of visiting, groups congregating on corners. Projects taking shape on pads, like outdoor kitchens or pergolas. A uniform sense of civic pride. I'm sitting in a resort that exemplifies these properties as I write, Gulf Waters RV Resort, in Port Aransas, Texas.