Sign in to follow this  
TNTraverler

Outlet Cover Plate

That is an odd one. What is the round hole for? A week or so ago, I saw either at Lowe's or Home Depot some modules that could be put into the rectangular holes in a cover plate. I know there were things like Ethernet connectors and coax connectors. Not sure what else they had, but on a double plate, you could put a 120V double outlet on one side and the other stuff on the other side. Or you could put modules on both sides. I am going to Home Depot tomorrow morning and I will check again. Does that odd round hole need to be there? The modular stuff could hold 2 or (I think) 3 modules and they don't have to be the same type. For example: you could have Ethernet in one position, coax in one and telephone jack in the third. Does this sound like it might work?

I'll let you know what I find tomorrow.

Go to an electrical wholesale supply house. Don't even bother with Home Depot or Lowes.

Leviton, Slater or Hubble will have what your looking for.

Contact Monarco Corporate Customer Care and ask them who the provider of the part was and order direct. Since Monarco has changed hands so many time in the last few years, you may find there are no corporate parts history available for your year model.

TNTraverler,

By chance are there any numbers stamped on the back of the cover plate?

I did find this one but the AC outlet opening is different, among other items, it might work by making some cuts in plastic for the existing connectors.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_303128-63374-VH63R_0__?productId=3701836&Ntt=specialty+cover+plates&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dspecialty%2Bcover%2Bplates%26page%3D16&facetInfo=

I did look into some Hubbell listings and they offer a number of different covers, however ! one would need to do some rework to make things, so you could get the proper covers for the items that exit the current cover.

Rich.