Sign in to follow this  
Pat60

Pets

Can anyone recommend a ramp for a motorhome for my large arthritic dog to climb to get up the stairs of the RV????

Have looked at various websites and have seen a couple to use with a fifth wheel but not a motorhome.

Might have to build one I am thinking.

Thanks

Guest Wayne77590

Check some of the ATV or motorcycle shops. They typically have an assortment of ramps that are aluminum so they are not heavy to handle.

There are commercial portable Handicap ramps made of aluminum or fiberglass,

and the less expensive Pet Ramps that are wood, aluminum and telescopic.

Depends on strength, weight of user (people and/or pet only), durability, and your wallet.

One source might be www.canineauto.com. Scrolling to the bottom you'll see an item that I think is called "Twiststep" that just might fit the bill.

Many of the ramps are too short to be used for a large dog entering/exiting a MH, as they create a very steep angle. Perhaps the suggestion of an ATV or motorcycle ramp may be what is needed. The only problem is that it might not fold and may be quite heavy.

We had to contemplate the same thing, but lost our Golden before she really needed it.

Good luck with your search. Its difficult to leave home w/o our buddy, a Portuguese Water Dog.

Doc Mike