larcar

Windshield Wiper Adjustments

I have a 2007 Newmar Kountry Star and I have had several broken arms on the wiper assemble. I need to adjust the linkage on the drive motor to the arms. Does anyone know how to do that?

LarCar,

I also have a '07 Kountry Star. I have had two arms break, when driving. One broke and then about a month later the other did the same dangling down onto the paint while in a storm. I phoned Newmar and they said they never heard of this problem. I then had to order another arm, about $85 each.

I believe the problem is the 32 inch blade, it has to much resistance, more pronounced in lite rain. I've looked for smaller blades, 28 in, and cant find them that will fit the stock arms, the j-hook is to wide for the smaller blades. I thought about grinding a bit of the hook down to fit but worries me about a perfect fit.

I hate to have to purchase another set of smaller arms but believe thats the only solution. The arms that I got from Newmar doesn't have the groves cast in them, they form them when you install them, using inch pounds. So removing and adjusting I believe is out of the question.

larcar and Markstella,

Take your wiper blades to a truck dealers parts department.

Show them what you have and they may have better arms, shorter blades or have a solution for you.

Herman

Herman, was at a Good Sam Rally in Atlanta last October and there was a jobber that had an extensive selections of blades and we tried everything he had to no avail. Been to NAPA, PepBoys, FleetPride,ect, no luck.