lylefikse

Sliding Cargo Trays

Anyone added aftermarket sliding cargo trays. I would like to add 2 trays to our storage area, dual pull 48 x 90. What are the best strong, but lightweight trays out there?

Lyle,

There are several on the market. They all call for the length and if you want half or full slide. They will ask for a width for the floor of the slide. One of the most important thing to do is get the correct width between the rails and that the rails are parallel to each other. The slides in our coach are made by Kwee-kee.

Herman

I used slidemaster. Custom sized to your specifications. A bit pricey but I've never regretted spending the extra money. They pull out full length so you can always get to anything on the tray even at the far back. My wife has a bit of trouble with the latch but I can't seem to educate her how to do it. For me it is a snap.

To each his own, but I have one and don't like it. It costs lots of vertical space and if I pull out one side, it knocks items off the other side...plus heavy and expensive.

We are going to Michigan this summer and plan on stopping by Slide Master in Wisconsin to have 3 trays installed. Yes, they are a bit of money, but the ones I have seen seem to be just what I want. Wish my coach had come with them, but it is sure gonna be a whole lot better than kneeling on the ground and trying to reach that one item ALL the way inside the compartment.

Even in my basement with the slider, I use an old mop handle with a hook screwed in the end...it's easier than the slider.

Contact Slidemaster.... made by Innovative Industries - Antigo, WI .... Brian Pease is owner.. Andrew Hesserdahl is Pres ?

Will make any size needed ...

Even in my basement with the slider, I use an old mop handle with a hook screwed in the end...it's easier than the slider.

I have one in the wide front compartment, which I have the BBQ, chairs and my tool box in the middle, works good for those items. On the drivers side if the living rm slide is out you still have to get down under it to get at anything even with the tray slide all the way out. With the other compartments I looked at sliders but I agree with you that they take up room, cost too much so I just use large plastic tubs and a old handle with a hook on the end. One compartment has the 7' ladder and other items that would not fit in any slider.