RTinVa

What Is Going On With FMCA?

Sorry, wrong wording, I was half asleep. Brett, Jim, Herman...I'm Texan by choice, same with American and US Military!

Carl

Medico. The only thing you missed is that you got to be a member of GS and/or FMCA to be a SKP. That is the primary

reason the magazines have similar stories and place's.

Bill, all you got to do is pay a year dues and re-activate your old #....that # belongs to you and your family forever. As long as there is a FMCA, your # will not be given to another! More than I can say for GS and my # is 5 digits.

I will agree, leadership should be in the 40-50 year old bracket and not the 60-85! I'm 71 and a Nat'l Director, our passed Director

is 81. I would love to give this to a younger person....find me one! My pet peeve are those that in any organization, tell you what is

wrong, but unwilling to volunteer their time and talent! That Bill, is the reason, we who run things are old!

Carl C.

If you are talking about me when you say "Bill" do you think a number is important? If I just pay my fees I can get my old number reactivated! Oh boy, I will be able to show I have been RVing longer than you! I guess that's important, much like FMCA members who have numbers ending with a letter indicating they are the child of some other really old member. Does that number actually mean anything or get you any added benefits? Of course not.

This is not meant to be a negative, just an observation on how we view many things with rose colored glasses.

If you are talking about me when you say "Bill" do you think a number is important? If I just pay my fees I can get my old number reactivated! Oh boy, I will be able to show I have been RVing longer than you! I guess that's important, much like FMCA members who have numbers ending with a letter indicating they are the child of some other really old member. Does that number actually mean anything or get you any added benefits? Of course not.

This is not meant to be a negative, just an observation on how we view many things with rose colored glasses.

Very destructive, not constructive, comments, Bill. And, as a "not really old member" I find your comments are negative only and not meant to suggest specific positive improvements to FMCA, if, indeed, improvements are needed. I know of no number mongering, as you suggest, and have never given it a thought. I do know when I see a FMCA oval sign on another RV parked near me in an RV park, there is a commonality established that can lead to interesting conversations, none of which involve "numbering". If you think FMCA is a dying organization and you care enough to post and complain about it, then step up to the plate young man and change it the way you think it should look.

Don

I will agree, leadership should be in the 40-50 year old bracket and not the 60-85! I'm 71 and a Nat'l Director, our passed Director

is 81. I would love to give this to a younger person....find me one! My pet peeve are those that in any organization, tell you what is

wrong, but unwilling to volunteer their time and talent! That Bill, is the reason, we who run things are old!

Carl C.

Carl, I love FMCA and would love to be part of the leadership team, and i am currently 48 years old. The only problem is you would need to pay me so I can leave my job so I can still feed my wife and kids. I currently get 3 weeks of vacation and my budget is so tight, i can't afford to attend any of the national conventions. So I have to leave the decisions to you retired folks.

Chris Guenther

F3508s

Very destructive, not constructive, comments, Bill. And, as a "not really old member" I find your comments are negative only and not meant to suggest specific positive improvements to FMCA, if, indeed, improvements are needed. I know of no number mongering, as you suggest, and have never given it a thought. I do know when I see a FMCA oval sign on another RV parked near me in an RV park, there is a commonality established that can lead to interesting conversations, none of which involve "numbering". If you think FMCA is a dying organization and you care enough to post and complain about it, then step up to the plate young man and change it the way you think it should look.

Don

I was responding to this post:

Bill, all you got to do is pay a year dues and re-activate your old #....that # belongs to you and your family forever. As long as there is a FMCA, your # will not be given to another! More than I can say for GS and my # is 5 digits.

There is nothing destructive about my comments, just an observation that saving that old number is of no real value to me and of no real benefit to anyone. If you disagree, that's OK, too.