hanko

What Type Of Wax?

What type of wax or polish do you use on full body paint?

I have been told the turtle wax products are good.

I use whatever the guys that come to my house to wax my motrhome use. I do provide a bottle of RejeX for them to use on the front cap including the windshield. It works great, even for lovebugs. I know some wax the complete mh with RejeX.

http://www.rejex.com/

I use Rejex on the front and windshield and Nu Finish for the rest of the body...NF is what I use on all my vehicles.

I use, and am very satisfied with, Gel Gloss, but I have fiberglass siding. It goes on easy, wipes off easy and seems to last 6+ months.

303 is good stuff and I put in on my tires since it has no petroleum products. However, I use regular wax on the body. 303 states it should be applied every three to five weeks...that's way to often to put anything on the entire MH. :D

The was for the main body works fine, but how do you clean the oxidation on the vinyl stripping?

Ed Meyer

Ed,

No, neither wax nor petroleum-based products should be used on vinyl stripes. 303 Aerospace is safe to use on them-- did that for more than a decade on our coach with vinyl stripes.

I used Nu-Finish which I had used on my cars but I found that when used on fiberglass the dried wax that is wiped off sticks to the paint due to static electricity. The residue is hard to get off completely. I tried some milky colored liquid from Camping world that doesn't dry and it is bear to get off. Still searching for something that works.

ProtectAll is about the best, most economical solution I have found. It goes on easy, wipes off easy and leaves a long lasting shine. I then use a microfiber mop to dust the exterior when I travel or after rain, the shine comes back in two passes of the mop. I do a full wax 2x a season and I love how clean and shiny my rig looks. It cleans and waxes in one solution.

Mike,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What kind of surface are you working with:

Fiberglass

Fiberglass with vinyl decals

Painted exterior

Blue Beacon Truck Wash 4x a year, wash/wax $ 64, toad included. Lucas as needed & Auto Zone glass cleaner for front windows. Lucas on side windows.

Carl

Wolfe, I have fiberglass with decals what's a good wax to use on my 2015 Thor. I use Griot's Rubber Cleaner and 303 Aerospace on my tires I read an article in Motor Home Magazine about the combination.

Thanks

Roy and Emma

Wolfe, I have fiberglass with decals what's a good wax to use on my 2015 Thor. I use Griot's Rubber Cleaner and 303 Aerospace on my tires I read an article in Motor Home Magazine about the combination.

Thanks

Roy and Emma

As I posted above, neither wax nor petroleum-based products should be used on vinyl stripes. 303 Aerospace is safe to use on them-- did that for more than a decade on our coach with vinyl stripes.

Any good automotive wax is fine for the fiberglass. See what product Consumers Report or others recommend. If filon (i.e. you can see the strands of glass vs smooth gel coat) I would use a liquid wax, as you really do not want was build up on the strands-- they collect dirt and look bad quickly. So, with filon, it is critical that you get all the residual wax off.

I recently tried Meguiars NXT 2.0....Took less that one bottle to do the whole MH, came out great, no streaks and looks like the paint is wet...Went on and off easy....

I use Collinite Insulator Wax for my coach. One $20 bottle will wax my 45 foot coach twice. Many boaters use this wax for their high end boats. It shines very well and lasts for over 6 months in the Florida sun. This fine wax is available at most boat dealerships.

I use Collinite Fleetwax. It performed beautifully on my boat here in the wicked SC sun and holds up beautifully on the MH. Get it online since it is tough to find.