wildcats

Front Windshield Shade

I have a 2011 Fleetwood Bounder. The front window shade is electric and when activated it comes down about 1/4 inch each time I press the switch. It will come down all the way, but it takes about 10 minutes to accomplish this. Any suggestions on a fix?

Really need more info on your shades. What brand, remote controlled, or switch operated? If they are remote controlled, you can start with the battery in the remote. If this doesn't work use a volt ohm meter to determine the voltage going to the shades. Many more questions, has it ever performed correctly?

Kay

If they are MCDs, good chance if it's not the remote controller battery, it may be the chassis battery below 11.6.....

Had similiar problem last month and was surprised to find my chassis batteries had been run down..

If the batteries check out okay, another issue may be the motor in the shade itself. My 2007 Bounder had that problem - the shade eventually stopped working completely. The manufacturer, AutoMotion, was not much help. They did provide me with a PDF file showing how to adjust the limit switches, but that did not solve the problem, which was a bad motor. They do not offer replacement motors at all - they prefer you replace the entire shade. I did, however, work out a way to replace the motor myself for about $100 instead of paying $800 for a new shade. It required me fabricating a drive gear for the replacement motor I found but its been working great and the motor I found is actually more powerful than the original.

I can send the PDF file I wrote detailing how I fixed it if anyone is interested.