KenWyland

Class A Purchase

We are looking at upgrading to a Class A from a C. We are looking at a 2010 Winnebago Adventurer, the inside layout is exactly what we are looking for but not sure about the 8.1L GM Vortec 340 hp engine and also Workhorse W22 Chasis, it has Allison 1000MH 6-spd w/od, any pros and cons would help?

Ken in PA

wolfe 10,

Hasn't Workhorse been shelved?

Correct-- Workhorse is no longer making RV chassis. I suspect there were some in coach makers stock well after Workhorse ceased production.

But, I would suggest that the Workhorse W with 8.1 GM gas engine and Allison transmission is a good gas chassis. Make sure the brake recall has been performed, but that is covered for free.

If I was looking at a gas chassis I would buy the Workhorse W with 8.1 GM gas engine and Allison transmission. Not that the Ford is that bad but the Allison transmission is that good.

Bill

We are very happy with our Workhorse chassis W24, 8.1 GM and Allison transmission. Heading home with about 3600 miles so far on this trip and averaging right around 7 MPG. All engine maintenance is done by local GMC heavy truck dealership and prices are consistent with service on my Toyota's. Never had any major drive train issues. We are happy we purchased this chassis/drive train combo and would recommend it.